With things having reached this level today, she finally realized that she had completely lost.

This young son of heaven had been raised into a different kind of person by the previous empress. A different kind of person from her-A benevolent and noble person of high status who clearly differentiated between right and wrong. His attitude towards his birth mother was extremely equivocal. He always maintained his manners and politeness with her all the way till the end. So polite, it felt strange.

To the point that even many years after the previous empress died, Dowager Consort Zhao was unable to rise up to the position of Dowager Empress.

Formerly a consort pampered by all six palaces, and even the consort of the son of heaven, she held great honor with her son rising to the throne, seemingly enough to cover the heavens. Yet, in the end, she was still just a Dowager Consort.

Even the daughter she gave birth to and raised, his very own blood related sister, was only stuck with the name of a pampered princess by the emperor. There had never been a single day that she enjoyed her brother's intimate treatment before.

How could she not be angry? How could she possibly not go crazy?

Dowager Consort Zhao looked at Peiyun and seemed to see past the young girl's thin and pitiful face to see her son's unfamiliar and spurning gaze. Her voice filled with a harsh ruthlessness: "Lock her away in the Sky Prison! Don't give her any sustenance nor water. Don't let her commit suicide either!"

Standing up, the previously kneeling people all held back the words they wanted to spill out with. They all faintly realized that after today, a huge battle was about to erupt. Su Peiyun was merely a primer, a catalyst. If her son had previously come to look for his mother for people from her, this deep-seated contradiction was finally about to erupt.

"Your highness..." Peiyun, who had been roughly picked up, suddenly raised her head. Her hair messily stuck onto her face and her cheeks were still raised high up. "Peiyun has been at the princess's side for five years. I had always treated the princess as my own little sister in my love and care. I didn't do this, it wasn't his majesty either..."

Her voice grew more and more distant as she was brought away by the Imperial Bodyguards, accompanied by their curses and slaps. She slowly disappeared outside of the door.

With just a light rustle of her clothes, Mu Yao who was standing beside Liu Fuyi moved stealthily through the messy crowd and walked to the Imperial Physician's side. She picked up a small chunk of the soothing incense as she started to deeply scrutinize it.

Mu Yao suddenly raised her head, wanting to say something but Liu Fuyi shook his head at her.

With the tacit understanding between the members of the main leads, they only needed a few glances and could understand each other's meaning.

Bide your time.

"Mother Consort, this... what's going on?" After resting on the Imperial Consort's couch for about four hours, Princess Duanyang seemed to regain her mind and spirits as she softly opened her mouth.

"Princess! Princess you nearly scared us to death..." Peiyu immediately flew over and hugged onto Princess Duanyang's shin, "It was Peiyun's incense that was secretly used to harm you, her highness the Dowager Consort has already locked her in prison."

Duanyang's delicate lips moved slightly, her eyes filled with confusion. Upon hearing that Peiyun had been dragged away, she shut her lips. Her confusion very quickly turned into poor emotional pathos.

Liu Fuyi walked up to Duanyang, his expression filled with caring: "Does your highness feel much better now?"

Quickly, a red flush surfaced on Duanyang's face, her expression grew lively and spirited, "Much better. Thank you very much Brother Liu."