Chapter Eleven: Revelation

"General Oh," said Damian Decker with contempt and disgust. Out of all the people who have betrayed Starfleet and have revealed themselves as a clear and present threat to the Federation, why did it have to be Oh? What made Damian Decker hurt to his core was how it was Oh herself who trained him in security and combat at the Academy. In a way, Damian Decker looked up to Oh as a mentor and when the young officer found out who she really was, it tore him apart. To think that a teacher he revered could be a Tal Shiar spy was the foulest act of deception Damian Decker experienced in his life.

"What is the meaning of this?" asked Damian. He demanded answers from General Oh, and he was not in a patient mood. Neither was Teresa Sanchez, as evidenced by her hateful expression.

"Vashti is under the jurisdiction of the Tal Shiar, and you will withdraw from this system at once," said General Oh. "If you refuse to comply, we will spare no hesitation to destroy you,". Just then, Centurion Tolak's image appeared on the viewscreen, and the tone of his voice was clear that he was confused as to why the Tal Shiar were operating in the Vashti Sector.

"The Tal Shiar is under the jurisdiction of the Romulan Free State," interloped Centurion Tolak. "Your organization answers to our authority. What you have done is an act of treason. Explain yourself, General," it was clear to the Starfleet Crew that the Romulan Free State knew nothing about General Oh's activities.

"The Tal Shiar have always been the sworn protectors of the Romulan People, before and after the Supernova," said General Oh. "Now this so-called, Free State, holds us back from doing our sacred duty, and this will not be tolerated," General Oh couldn't help but hold on to her patriotism for the Empire. Some of the crews on the Free State warbirds admired it, but they all knew it was misplaced.

"We may have failed to eradicate the infestation of Synthetic life forms in the Vayt Sector, but we will not fail to protect our people again," after General Oh and the Zhat Vash were exposed for their activities, many Tal Shiar operatives were arrested by the Romulan Free State and sentenced to death on charges of treason, deception, subterfuge, and unauthorized espionage. When the Romulan Free State issued warrants for her arrest, General Oh and her remaining forces went into hiding to avoid prosecution. General Oh planned to overthrow the Free State and establish a new Star Empire. Even if it meant killing her people to do it. However, she knew that her fleet was not enough to overthrow the Government, especially since Starfleet, namely Captain William T. Riker, would intervene immediately as they did over Coppelius. To compensate, General Oh and a team of Zhat Vash scientists found the original Doomsday Machine within system L-374 and somehow reactivated it using a stable omega particle. However, since Omega Particles were naturally unstable and highly dangerous, the Zhat Vash had to obtain technology from the Iconian Homeworld during an archeological dig that specialized in stabilizing omega particles. After resurrecting the Doomsday Machine, the scientists constructed a device that would allow the Zhat Vash to control it via the Command Ship, thereby giving the Zhat Vash an all-powerful superweapon to subjugate their enemies.

"I will say this one more time. Leave this sector immediately or be destroyed," threatened General Oh. Her patience for the humans was wearing thin.

"If you knew us at all, General, you would know by now that Starfleet doesn't back down from a fight," said Damian. "More to the point, I will not back down, even with that shiny new toy you have at your disposal. You betrayed us all, and you will answer for your crimes against sentient life," with a bulk eye, General Oh addresses Damian Decker.

"Damian Decker, I must confess. I am surprised that you are sitting in the center chair. Or that you are still alive," patronized General Oh. The half-Vulcan half-Romulan woman knew that she trained Damian Decker well, but she never expected him to survive this long. Nor did she expect Teresa Sanchez to be among the USS Bonaventure's crew.