Epilogue:

Cetacean Institute, Present Day:

As Damian Decker concludes his story, Will Riker sits still in his chair; Both in awe and shock of what the young man just told him.

"And that's pretty much how it happened," Damian concludes. "Jack Ransom went mad, I removed him from command and now he's in prison,"

"It's a lot to take in," Riker commented. When he met Jack Ransom years ago, he saw much of himself in the Cerritos first officer. The veteran never thought that Jack Ransom's madness would go so far.

"I always suspected that Ransom was a bit of a hot-head, but I never thought he'd go so far," in many ways, Will Riker took pity on Jack Ransom for being a cheap second-gen knock off.

"Nor did I, Sir," Damian agreed. "But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. What's done is done," in his heart, Damian Decker does not regret removing Jack Ransom from command. The young man can't fathom what might have happened if he didn't.

"I apologize if it was too much for you to handle," Damian apologized. Riker looks at the young man and chuckles at him.

"Why are you apologizing?" Riker wondered, smiling at Damian. "You've got nothing to apologize for," he ponders his thoughts for a moment; Thinking of a response to Captain Riker's question.

"It's an old habit of mine. I tend to be an apologetic lad," Damian explained. Riker nods at Damian, and takes a sip of his iced tea.

"Been so ever since I was a small boy," Damian added.

"Well, if it puts your mind at ease, you told a great story," Riker compliments. Damian smiles at Riker, Damian smiles at Riker, grateful for his words.

Riker's thoughts turn to Beckett Mariner. He thinks about visiting her during his remaining time on Earth before heading back to Nepenthe. Hopefully before his wife, Deanna Troi, scolds him for being late for dinner.

"Hopefully, I'll be able to visit Mariner before I leave for Nepenthe," Damian nods at Riker, reminiscing of the time Beckett Mariner told him about the encounter with the Pakleds in 2380.

"I'm sure she'd love to see you again," Damian smiled. "She spoke highly of you during our time in space,"

"Did she?" Riker wonders. He didn't think this to be true, and Damian nods to confirm it.

"Indeed. She told me about the Pakleds, and your time as Captain of the USS Titan," Riker smiles at Damian, more than happy that Beckett told him that story.

"Well, I'm glad she still remembers that," Riker sighs with gratitude that Beckett still remembers him. Especially, given how many years it's been since the two saw each other. Riker's smile fades, and sports a confused look. Damian Decker wonders what's wrong.

"Is everything alright, Sir?" Damian inquires.

"Yeah," Riker replied. "It's just that, I have a strange feeling like I'm forgetting something," given his age, Will Riker tended to forget about a few things from time to time. Riker reaches into his pockets, and snaps his fingers.

"Oh yes, now I remember," Will Riker takes his hand out of his pocket, and places a small container on the table. Damian looks down at the container, curious about the contents inside it.

"I brought something for you," said Riker. Damian wonders what it is, and is hesitant to open the container. Damian begins to suspect that Will Riker's presence was more than the Veteran was willing to admit.

"Forgive me, Captain Riker, but what's the real reason you came to see me?" Damian inquires. If there is one thing the young man doesn't like, it's those who consort with him under false pretenses.

"I admit," said Riker. "There was a reason I came to see you. Admiral Collins and I have debated for a while about who will take charge of the Bonaventure now that Ransom's no longer in command," Damian's eyes widen, as he looks down at the container again. With the Starfleet insignia embedded on the top.