CHAPTER 17

GRACE
__________________

" Are you seriously going to his office right now?" Wanda chuckles dryly when I tell her," Do you think I would just sit down here and let him do whatever he likes to me like that?" I let out a fake laugh as I grab my things off the top counter," ...

" Are you seriously going to his office right now?" Wanda chuckles dryly when I tell her," Do you think I would just sit down here and let him do whatever he likes to me like that?" I let out a fake laugh as I grab my things off the top counter," Didn't think so," I continue before I look around my place, my eyes land on the shirt I wore before I took shower earlier, which right now is laying outside the laundry basket, my heart rate beats faster as my mind start to going back to what happened last night.

I still can't put my head into the fact how the burglar, whoever he was- really going extra miles to hide their trace. Changing the shirt that has their blood trace was one of them, which I didn't bother to tell Wanda about, at least for now because the less details she knew the better.

I squeeze my eyes shut, pushing the thoughts back as I walk and grab it off the floor before I toss it to the trashcan behind my kitchen counter, I can't have Wanda be more worry with everything that will lead her to call the police.

" I'm just saying, I don't think going to his office is a good idea, Grace, not after what happened," Wanda says in a rush before she stops in front of me.
" Shouldn't we be looking for the burglar instead?" She sigh for a second, I look over her for a good five seconds before I shake my head, " Looking after the burglar without a hint would be like chasing after a ghost and you know that," I sigh out a long breath and stop halfway,"Right now I have another problem I need to handle with first, okay? I can't lose this cover up job." I continue before she let out a sigh.

" And what exactly are you gonna do?" Wanda asks as she follow behind me, I hear her letting out a rush of breath," I'm gonna make him pick up his phone and call Gary to rehired me," I say quickly as I look away.

" Fine, stay in touch okay," Wanda finally says in defeat, I nod as I grab my coat off the hanger before I look at her over my shoulder," You're staying?" I look over my shoulder as I say it," I'll look around for a hint," She sigh," Don't stay too long," I nod, Wanda let out a sigh in agreement," Lock up on your way out," I continue before I rush my way out the door.

Crossing the road I quicken my pace as I shoved my phone into my trench coat pocket before I waved for a taxi, " E 53rd St, please," I say to the driver as I climb to the back passenger seat, looking over the window as I watch the first snowflake fall to the busy street of Manhattan, " As if things couldn't get any worse," I mutter under my breath as I look away.

For once I'm actually relieved that I chose to take the taxi instead of driving on my own, his office is four building away from the main street when the driver starts to slowing down, no other parking spot except for the one in front of his building, which I can't take risk in case anyone getting my plate license.

I know my suspicions on James's fiancé might landed on a wrong lane but I can't help but still having this knot in my stomach to think over whoever break in into my place seems more likely have something to do with him than anyone I've dealt a business with.