Miaomiao endured the pressure and forcibly changed the topic: "Oh right, that day... you had so many scars on your back... was it all caused by the demon?"

Mu Sheng regained his spirits and a layer of dark clouds immediately shrouded his eyes, "Demons won't leave any traces on my body."

Miaomiao carefully glanced over at his left-hand, which had been dripping fresh blood in the past. It was spotlessly clean and white. She couldn't hold back her curiosity: "Then..."

He smiled meaninglessly: "Obviously, it was the masterpiece of humans."

_________________________________________________________________________

"Lord, didn't you say that if he's here, Yao'er wouldn't get injured anymore? How could...." A Madam adorned with pearls on her head and scarlet lipstick on her lips, clenched her onto silk cloth as beads of tears continuously fell down her face.

The hall was very dusky, the candlelight was only barely able to light up the room. The brick floor was cold, both cold and hard.

"Our Mu Family is not the same as it was in the past. One more person is one more mouth to feed. It would be strange if it wasn't difficult for me to raise him. Don't point at how he protects Yao'er, we can't let Yao'er protect him..." Her voice seemed to be filled with an endless river of grievances as she spewed them out one by one in accusation.

"Yi Rong, speak a few less words, will you?" Sitting above her was a white robed woman with her hair combed into a concise bun. Horizontally inserted into her hair was a lotus white jade hairpin. There were thin crows feet at the corners of her eyes. She was supporting her forehead with her palm as she reminded in an irked tone: "Yao'er just fell asleep. Don't cause such a fuss and cause her to wake up."

"Hmph. You're not your elder sister's kin after all, how could you possibly feel any pain..." The madam's sobs grew even more wild. She took at glance out of the corner of her eye to look at the male beside the white clothed female and upon seeing his brow-knitted appearance, one of complete impatience, immediately stopped her wails. Then, she turned around to face the boy kneeling on the ground. The extreme ferocity in her eyes scared him into shivering, "You little animal! You better properly kneel there! It's all because of you... because of you that Yao'er was injured!"

The servants had twisted his arms behind his back as they rigidly pressed him down onto the ground. In those grape-like black eyes of his, terror reflected the woman fiercely slapping her jade-clad fingers onto his face.

"Pa—–" He closed his eyes and heard a boom in his ears. A five fingered palm print quickly swelled up on his face as a severe burning pain erupted.

"Enough. Yi Rong." The white clothed woman's face was somewhat like melted wax, appearing very exhausted. However, she had no intention to stop her, she only slowly enunciated: "He's still young and his spells are weak. Seeing that kind of intimidating demon, of course he would subconsciously want to hide...."

"Hide?" The woman's scarlet eyes went wide, "He wanted to hide, hide where? Hide behind Yao'er?"

Another palm lifted into the air and the air was filled with another crisp clap. The young boy's lip was now broken as blood started to flow out. He was completely silent, without making a single noise as he opened his eyes wide. His thin and weak body started to slightly tremble.

The woman paused for a moment, looked at her hand, and let out a revulsed expression, "Even the smell of his blood makes one feel disgusted."

The white clothed woman let out a sigh: "Ah Sheng, hurry and admit your wrongs to Concubine Rong."