Chapter Seven: The Girl with the Glasses IV

Start from the beginning

"Willow, right? I'm Inari, Morri's friend."

Sinulyapan siya nang namumulang si Willow. She smiled at Inari, nodding and introducing herself as well.

There were small conversations before Willow started teaching me stuff. I wanted to make her comfortable with both me and Inari in this new environment. Gets ko naman ang basic subjects, those that I've already learned before, so it was the magic-specific ones that I had trouble. Iyon din ang sinabi kong i-focus ni Willow.

Akala ko pa aalis si Inari at mabo-bored, but she's listening attentively to Willow.

"Did Morri bully you into teaching her?" Inari asked teasingly after two hours of studying.

I shot her a tired glance above the magic theories I'd been reading for ten minutes now. Bored na siguro ang babaeng 'to.

"Eh?!" mabilis na umiling-iling si Willow. "H-Hindi! Ano, actually... ako nga ang nagsuggest sa kaniya..."

"Oh? Why?"

Inignora ni Inari ang kanina ko pang pagtitig sa kaniya. I can hear some of her thoughts, and just like the twins, she just finds it fun to get reactions from Willow. Alam naman niya kung bakit nandito 'yan.

"K-kasi tinulungan niya 'ko..." ibinaba ng babae ang tingin, "kina Sophia..."

'Sophia? That's a familiar name.' thought Inari. Ngunit ang sinagot niya kay Willow ay, "Who's she? Your original bully?"

Umiwas ng tingin si Willow at piniling hindi sumagot.

For a second, awkwardness lingered in the air. Inignora lang ulit iyon ni Inari na nakatitig pa rin kay Willow at naghihintay ng sagot.

This girl... seriously. Hindi niya ata alam na napaka-intimidating ng aura niya. Though, she often teases people for fun, her expression are usually of disinterest. Sabayan pa ng pulang buhok at matalim na mga mata, she doesn't look as friendly as she imagines.

"Willow," tawag ko at ibinaba ang libro. "I'm done with this."

The girl looked saved at my voice. Ini-angat niya ang kumikinang na mga mata sa'kin at kinuha ang libro. She proceeded to explain some of the magic types that I have no real intention of understanding so much about. Ang tanging binasa ko lang ay about sa psychic abilities that included the mind.

Magical abilities that are directly connected to the mind are rare. Kagaya nitong mind reading, only nine people in history have the ability. There wasn't much information about it. Nalaman ko ring hindi naririnig ang lahat na iniisip ng tao, but just their strongest thoughts or 'yong tungkol sa'kin. The section of the book also recommends that I find a method of relaxing my brain whenever people's thoughts get too loud. There are instances where the mind-readers think of it as their own.

Take control of it, I guess.

"So?" Inari asked again, nibbling on her pen. "What did Morticia do to help you? Is it why she's suspended?"

Natigil sa pagpapaliwanag si Willow at mukhang nahiya. Bago pa siya makasagot ay sinipa ko na si Inari sa ilalim ng mesa. She hissed out a curse, trying to glare at me with amused eyes.

"You already know what happened," I grumbled.

Ngumuso siya. "And I'm having fun," she chuckled and glanced at Willow. "Sorry. It's just fun teasing you."

"Ah, o-okay langㅡ"

"Pft. That's probably the reason why they keep bullying you," Inari smiled cockily, "you let them."

Hindi ako nagsalita. I couldn't argue with that. It was Willow being a pushover that these things happened.

"But why do you let them bully you?"