Haru x Reader

Requested by ChocoChookie-chan (aka petypipi; RIP cx ) <- this person requested like twenty million oneshots c: thanks for all of them! IT MAKES ME VERY HAPPY.

Cred to artist

[Free! Iwatobi Swim Club]

"[F/N]-chan! I have a request and it would help me so so much!" Kou says with flowers around her.

"Trying to look cute won't work on me Kou." You sigh. She pouts and after about five minutes of staring at each other, you cave in.

"Fine, I'll be the manager for now."

-

It was your first time being a manager for the swim club. Kou told you that there were only four guys so it's relatively easy. You zip up the manager jacket before stepping outside and in front of the four guys.

From what you could remember, there's; Nagisa, the super cute and excited boy; Rei, the boy obsessed with everything beautiful; Makoto, or Mako, the super nice one; and finally Haruka, or Haru, who only swims free. [I know the semi colons aren't being used correctly but there were so many commas *-*]

"Are you the step in manager? So kawaii~!" Nagisa exclaims with a smile. Your face flushes a little but you clear your throat to seem like it didn't affect you.

"Yes. I am [L/N] [F/N]. You may call me [F/N]. Please take care of me!" You bow.

"Please take care of us!" They reply and bow in return.

You blow the whistle. "Alright warm up laps! Do five in the style of your choice!" They stand on the stands. [ew sentence barf] "Ready, set." Whistle blow and they dive into the water. You were trying to watch all of them but something about Haru caught your eye. The way he would cut his hand through the water as if it were nothing. The way he would move his legs to propel himself forward. It was, honestly, the most beautiful thing you have ever seen.

'Great, I'm turning into Rei.' You chuckle at yourself before noticing that everyone was done.

You had them run through drills until it was soon time to go. You never thought you would have this much fun. Whenever you were the manager for soccer or basketball, it was just tiring with all the girls squealing around you. But surprisingly, it was really quiet around here. You were confused though. Who wouldn't want to watch guys swim when they have no shirts on? What a mystery.

"[Y/N], would you like to come to the festival with us?" Haru's voice snaps you out of your thoughts.

"The festival? Is it that time already?" You ask in shock. Time really does fly by.

"Would you like to come?" Haru repeats again, patient with you.

"Oh! Well.. if I won't be intruding." You tell him quietly. He pats your head once.

"You won't." He tells you before walking back to the others.

Was that a smile on his face?

-

"Is the yukata tight? It won't fall will it?" You ask your mom, since you were helpless at putting these things one. [NOTE: A yukata is a summer kimono.]

After one last tug, she steps back. "You look perfect!" She claps her hands in admiration. Your hair was fixed, the yukata went with your skintone perfectly and the sandals you were wearing looked new. You actually felt really confident.

"Bye mom! See you later." You wave to her before latching the metal gate and walking to where the festival was being held. When you get there, the group, including Kou, were already there.

"Sorry for making everyone wait!" You exclaim.

"Haru and I just got here so no worries." Mako smiles sweetly at you.

Kou comes next to you and you frown.

"I thought you were busy studying for the tests! Isn't that why you asked me to take over as manager for a little?" She smiles mischievously.

"Weeell... I may have lied to you." You glare.

"Kou! I could have been helping out with the basketball team! They needed me!"

"Yeah but in my defense, someone asked you to manage." With that said, she runs up to Nagisa, Rei, and Mako while Haru slows down to walk with you.

Huh?

"Hey [Y/N]." He says to you but you were still a little upset, and confused, by what Kou said.

"Hey Haru? Do you know who asked for me to manage the swim team?" You ask him, looking up since he was slightly taller.

You could see a slight blush form on his cheeks. "That was me." He says bluntly.

You were even more confused now. "Why would you ask for m-" Your words were cut off by Haru's lips locking onto yours. You gasp lightly in surprise and he pulls away all too fast.

"That's why."

-

EXTRA:

Mako: //whisper// [Y/N]... you're taking Haru away from me. TT-TT

Rin: LET'S RACE, YOU DISGUSTING DOLPHIN.

Nagisa: Rei! Give me your glasses!

-glasses fall in ocean-

Rei: NAGISA! //falls down on ground with hands raised toward the sky//

Kou: Oh man...

Nitori: SENPAI senPAI SENpai seNPAi //whispers// senpai

Y/N: Haru.. You just kissed me!

Haru: What are you talking about? //blush blush// I'm going swimming.

Y/N: Haru! DON'T DENY IT. And you can't go swimming! We haven't even walked through the festival!

-

So yeah. That's it. I'm not big on someone saying 'i love you' but they barely even met so sorry e-e Maybe the next oneshot will have le character confess their love to you *////*

UNTIL NEXT TIMES //flies away//