26 - table for two?

Start from the beginning

"Well, now that you ask-"

I got annoyed and then kissed him to make him stop. It was pretty effective. He might've even been flustered.

"How did you know that was what I was going to ask?"

I shrugged. "I didn't. I just wanted you to stop whining."

"Fair."

...

Mischa and I decided to go to a park after lunch. We sat on a bench and talked to each other. He was trying to explain to me that math was the best subject and that I should hate English class because of it.

In front of us, a little girl tripped and fell and began crying. I couldn't see any of her parents. Immediately, I stood up and rushed to help her.

"Are you alright?" I put a hand on her shoulder.

She looked up, sniffling. "My elbow is bleeding!"

"I have something for that," I nodded gently and opened up the first aid kit I had in my bag. "While I help you, what's your name?"

"Mia."

"Well, Mia, I'm going to clean up your elbow and then put a bandage on it."

I used a sterile pad and wiped the wound. I unwrapped the bandage and stuck it on her elbow.

"Here you are, sweetheart. Good as new!" I smiled.

"Thank you!" She stood up and held out her arms for a hug.

I was a bit startled at first, but I returned it.

I put away my first aid kit back into my bag and I saw her run over to a woman who I presumed was her mother. She pointed to her elbow and then back at me. The mother got up and walked over to me. I stood up and brushed the wood chips off of my pants.

"Hi! I just wanted to thank you so much for helping my daughter. I'm so grateful for that. There's not many people who would go out of their way to help a little kid," She said.

Mia scowled at the terminology.

"It was no problem, really!" I smiled.

"I'm genuinely so thankful for that. I hope you have a fantastic day today. You are a wonderful person."

"Thank you! You too!"

I sat back down next to Mischa, whose eyes were wide.

"That was actually so hot."

"You think anything is hot."

He shook his head. "Please bear my children right now. I want to make love to you on the spot."

"Slow down, Misch. We are literally outside at a park."

"I forgot that."

"You know what would be fun? Let's stalk Noel," I pulled out my phone.

"How will we find him?"

"I have his location."

He made a face. "Weird."

"Not really. He's pretty much my brother whenever it becomes convenient. A while ago I used that to get him out of work early."

I zoomed in to his location.

"Why the fuck is he at that restaurant?" Mischa squinted over my shoulder.

"I don't know. He just ate lunch with us."

"I do not remember him eating that much."

"You're right, Mischa Vadym Bachinski. We've got a mystery."