Chapter 36: Unfortunately, Huo Junxian did not push the person away either

Start from the beginning

Her colleague didn't understand. "Why are you so worked up?"

"Mind your own business!" He Xiao left with her phone, feeling frustrated. She was angry at Gu Siyu's behavior, angry at her colleague for bad-mouthing Gu Siyu, and angry at those idiot netizens who were attacking Gu Siyu.

He Xiao had not planned to get involved, but Gu Siyu was her friend, and she couldn't just sit by and do nothing. She called Gu Siyu several times in a row, but Gu Siyu didn't answer. Her phone was turned off. He Xiao was worried that Gu Siyu had offended someone and was in trouble. She didn't know whether to call the police or not and quickly messaged Duan Jiayang to discuss it. But Duan Jiayang didn't reply.

What can I say?

She and Duan Jiayang were the closest. They had been friends since middle school, but since they graduated and entered society, they were no longer just schoolmates struggling for their studies behind the high walls of the school. They gradually became tainted by the various realities of society, and they no longer trusted each other as much as they used to. Their relationship was getting further apart.

It's the stark reality that drives people away.

·

On August 4th, the excitement reached its peak in the evening. Couples were everywhere, embracing and kissing. There were even rich people spending money to display their loved ones' names on LED screens in the city.

The sweetness of the festival spreads everywhere, the Duan family has decorated the yard with many roses in accordance with the occasion. When hosting guests, they specifically invite couples together, and for those with partners, they prepare a special invitation card. They are very thoughtful in their actions, even though their daughter, who always boasts, has made a joke due to her strange behavior. But they must maintain their dignity.

Men and women in the room clink their glasses of red wine, dispersing the sweet aroma in the air. They speak of business, politeness, and flattery non-stop.

Huo Junxian attended the banquet early in the morning wearing a white strapless dress, exuding an elegant and dignified aura. The Duan family treats her as a distinguished guest, and others can sense the meaning behind it. They approach her to strike up a conversation.

She didn't bring her dog but instead brought a female companion, who happened to be her secretary at work.

Huo Junxian doesn't drink much, and her secretary blocks her drinks. She can't chat with the people inside, and she doesn't like to talk about business. After eating a little something, she comes out to get some fresh air.

Duan Jiayang follows her, holding a red rose. She walks up beside her on the stone path at the yard entrance.

The two take a walk in the yard, and Duan Jiayang shows off the rose, acting lively. "Sister Huo, look, it just bloomed in the yard, I'm giving it to you."

Huo Junxian looks at it attentively, seeming to be examining the rose. The rose is shyly blushing, but she doesn't show any intention of taking it, saying, "I don't really like roses."

Duan Jiayang doesn't give it to her, and she puts the rose away. She looks at the moonlight falling on the red rose petals and says, "Then I'll keep it for myself. Moonlight and roses go well together."

"Isn't it supposed to be with the sun or stars?" Huo Junxian says. "Moonlight and flowers are not the same species. Cross-species love, I wonder if it's a tragedy."

"As long as you love each other, many things can be overcome," Duan Jiayang says. She plucks a rose petal and flicks it off her fingertip. Her fingertip gets a little red, "By the way, Sister Huo, have you seen today's news?"