Chapter Seven - Prince Phillippe?!

(Nikita POV)

I was not able to sleep at all. I had actually ended up spending most of the night tossing and turning, no spot on the queen-sized bed in which I laid in had felt comfortable, no matter what position I was in. As I laid there in that beautiful bed, a light blue comforter covering my body, my eyes, however, are staring upwards at the beautifully patterned ceiling tiles above it. I have been counting each one for a few hours now trying to make myself fall back to sleep and, so far, I was at 453.

Light from the morning sun was at that exact moment shining through the fluttering light-colored curtains that are partially drawn across the open panels of windows in my room. I can smell the scent of the sea on the breeze being blown inside. Sighing aloud, I turned over onto my right side, averting my gaze from staring upwards at the ceiling tiles. Instead, I found myself looking instead at the digital clock that laid on the nightstand beside me.

I noted the time displayed in red on its digital face: 9am. I couldn't help but groan aloud. I have only managed to sleep for maybe 3 or 4 hours tops last night, all because I was thinking about him or rather them; 27-year-old Ethan 'F1 Grand Prix Champion' Laurent, Phillippe and my totally conflicted feelings of attraction for the both of them.

Even now as I laid here, I can still feel when Ethan had pulled me into his arms and planted his warm lips against mine. When he did, I had totally melted in his arms like butter. The earlier ones had been full of so much raw passion and desire, but that last one had completely thrown me. Especially since the only one who had kissed me and caused that kind of reaction had been Phillippe. I had totally felt guilty inside. A part of me wanted and missed Phillippe very much but then I also found myself wanting Ethan too. A total 'I want my cake and ice cream too' scenario.

I could still remember what Ethan said to me right after I asked him if there was anything that I could do to help him take his mind off the call he had taken.

'I can definitely think of a few ways...and the way I am feeling right now it would end with you naked underneath me, screaming my name."

It was the thought of being in his bed that made me instantly wet because I realized that a part of me really wanted to have him do every single dirty thing, he had mentioned wanting to do to me and then some. But I also wanted to be with Phillippe, the person I couldn't help thinking about constantly.

But then I realized sadly that there was a certain possibility that I was never going to ever see Phillippe again. A part of me actually felt a sense of loss. He had told me only a month ago, that he hoped we would meet again and so did I but the odds of that happening seem more and more unlikely. Ethan, on the other hand, was a completely different story. He was definitely within reach, especially after last night, when he learned from Sam what hotel we were staying in.

Samantha Ann Munroe strikes again.

I am still in a state of shock knowing that Ethan is fully aware of where he could find me because of her. But Sam's line of questioning did result in some positive news. I learned that Ethan was surprisingly single and that he was also interested in me. When he said this, I had instantly felt butterflies fluttering around in the pit of my stomach like a high school girl standing next to her crush.

And if that wasn't enough, he said that he would love the opportunity to take me out to help me recelebrate my birthday.

To have a famed F1 Grand Prix Race Car driver come and take me out on the town, would definitely be quite the experience. But I do wish I could have seen his full face given that half of it had been hidden by that silver masquerade mask he wore. But there was no way that I could forget those eyes. Those piercing blue grey eyes. They were so beautiful but, in a strange way, so familiar at the same time. Even now, his eyes haunted me.