Chapter Five - Until We Meet....

(Nikita POV)

(2 weeks after...)

The plane touched down in the Nice Cote d'Azur Airport with a light bounce on the tarmac as it slowed down to taxi towards our assigned gate. The flight had taken approximately 8 and a half hours since it was a nonstop overnight flight out of John F. Kennedy Airport. Sam and Conor were seated across the aisle from me. The Captain of our Air France flight was on the loudspeaker welcoming everyone to Nice and telling everyone that the temperature was 70 degrees, and our time of arrival was 11am.

I stared out the small plane window as we taxied slowly towards our gate, noting all the different airplanes from various airlines docked at their respective gates. A sudden wave of excitement ran through me. I simply couldn't believe that I was in Monaco, well not exactly Monaco, but I was in Nice. I turned my head and saw Samantha smiling at me from across the way. I couldn't help the wide grin on my face that I sent her way. I felt as giddy as a kid in a candy store.

"I can't believe I am really in France, Sammy. I totally think I need someone to pinch me, because I feel like I am dreaming right now." I told her.

"Well, we are, so believe it or do you really want me to pinch you right now? It might end up being quite painful." She told me playfully.

I laughed aloud before turning again to look out the window as we finally pulled into our gate. The overhead seatbelt light went off and I immediately unclicked my seatbelt buckle. Rising to my feet from the comfort of my seat, I moved to stand in the aisle. I watched as the other passengers seated in first class also began to rise from their seats  and begin to gather their things.

The stewardesses on the plane went about doing their normal gate arrival procedures and began opening up all of the overhead compartments and handed out coats to the first-class passengers. Once my overhead was popped open, I reached up to remove my carry-on bag, but a hand stopped me.

Turning my head to the side, I was met by Conor's smiling, handsome face.

"I got that for ya, 'Kita." He told me as he proceeded to pull down my black steel colored carry-on bag from the overhead and set it down on the ground beside me.

"Thanks Conor, much appreciated." I told him with an equally bright smile. At that moment, a stewardess walked over with my coat.

"Here is your coat, ma'am." She said, handing me my leather shearing Dakota Hooded Toscana Sheepskin Coat, one of the new coats that Samantha and I had purchased for my trip abroad.

'You need to look the part of someone with money, Nikita. We will be rubbing elbows, as they say, with royalty and billionaires.'

Samantha had reminded me during our day long shopping spree down 5th Avenue a week ago. If I remembered correctly, we visited every single expensive name brand clothing store down it.

Slipping my arms into the warm coat, I couldn't help the smile on my face. I loved this coat, and it went so well with my outfit. From head to toe, I screamed money. I was wearing an absolutely stunning black lace up pant suit, and a pair of corset styled satin slingbacks. With all my accessories and my newly styled updo, I felt like I was a million bucks. No, rephrase that, I actually looked like a million bucks.

Coat on, I bent down and pulled the handle up on my wheeled bag, clicking it into place. Reaching under my seat, I grabbed my purse and swung it onto my shoulders, just as the airplane's doors were opened. Passengers who were already ready to leave, headed for the exit.

"You ready, 'Kita?" Sam inquired as she turned to moved towards the open airplane door, her purse swinging on her shoulder. Conor was standing next to her holding both of their small carry-on bags with one hand.