Jouno - Time Is Of The Essence

(A/N)
1. Was this story rushed? Absolutely.

2. Was this story made because author was in the mood for angst? Yes.
(If looking for someone to blame, please contact Akutami Gege and the latest jjk chapter)

"How could you?"

I felt my eyes shaking, heart beating, thoughts fighting each other but none of it tops the betrayal I felt for the man in front of me.

How could he? Was he using me? To get to the agency swiftly? Was I that easy to fool to be used as a pawn?

"I trusted you, to think that it was you all along"

Kunikida was chopped off his ability, Dazai being sent aways broke an integral part of the agency, and Fukuzawa is at stake of the government?

For days it felt like living hell, and I tried, I tried being optimistic, knowing that there will always be a rainbow at the end of the rain but the sight before me just gave me a realization that in life, there is no happy ending, just harsh realities

"(Y/N), I need you to understand-"

"No, there is nothing to understand, this situation speaks for itself"

I'm amused at how I was still able to speak despite tears obviously cascading down my cheeks, at this point all that seems to ring in my head is to remain steadfast in myself, pity would only make it worse

How could he? The three words repeating in my head as he attempts to reach out to me.

"To think that the person that I've shared my sorrows with would be the one to use it against me, it's ironic really"

"(Y/N), please think rationally, I did not approach you with the intention to use you"

"Did you? Answer me truthfully Jouno did you really not approach me with no intention? Or are you going to give me a generic answer of you did but you slowly changed your mind as you spent time with me" I said, staring intently at him as I await his response, not minding the fact that there is a coffin nor the leader of the hunting dogs, who told me everything is just a room away from us.

There is no time for distractions, or the time to be embarrassed, I need answers.

Seeing that he has yet to respond, I hastily laughed

"Don't tell me... I'm actually right?"

Silence

"I thought that you told me that life isn't a novel Jouno."

Seeing him have a hard time formulate his words.

time is of the essence and I have no time to wait for his response

"I thought that we were to think rationally but when I asked for an answer that was the best you can do? Do you take me as a fool?"

"I don't take you as a fool, nor do my answer serves as a way to deceive you. I tried to protect you amidst this chaos (y/n)"