It was useless... by the time Ling Miaomiao entered the book world, the original Ling Yu had already destroyed them.

As the water mirror was chased till it had nowhere else to go, it charged towards the seemingly defenseless west sideroom. Mu Yao would wake up from her unconscious state, feeling a heavy demonic aura beside her, then she would force her weak body to fight with the water mirror as her strength grew weaker and weaker.

And when she was on the verge of life and death, Mu Sheng, who'd gone out to pick herbs would return...

Thinking of her second mission's target, Mu Sheng, Miaomiao's heart shuddered.

That was the original Ling Yu's second husband, but was also her eternal nightmare.

"I feel extremely panicked, I'm afraid that Mu Yao is in danger. Can we go over right now?" Miaomiao nearly cried.

As an outsider, the system stipulated that she must enter her role and couldn't expose herself. She could only do two things: Try to patch things up or pass the blame to someone else.

Liu Fuyi felt that this mayor's young miss's temperament was quite strange. However, he maintained a warm character as always and only tried to advise her: "It's late. You should go back and sleep. I'll go take a look at Yao'er."

"You should go now." Miaomiao still stubbornly continued.

Fuyi helplessly smiled, "I'll first go take a look and see if the Demon Restraining Pagoda has captured the water mirror yet."

This man wasn't listening to her! Miaomiao roared in her mind.

"Then tell Mu Sheng to quicken his return, Mu Yao is a woman and she's currently injured. You guys can't leave her by herself!"

Liu Fuyi was stunned for a moment before smiling and patting her head, "Alright."

This seemingly intimate action nearly blew Ling Miaomiao's top. Ling Yu was 16 this year yet he was this conceited! He completely treated her earnest advice like the words of a child!

Liu Fuyi saw Miaomiao give him a death glare and could only helplessly tear apart a communication talisman under her eyes. "A' Sheng, where are you? I'm going to deal with the demon, you should hurry back and look after Yao'er."

After he finished talking, he put the talisman into Miaomiao's palm, a helpless expression on his face. It was as if his face said: Is this good enough?

This won't work. Miaomiao sighed. If she were to calculate the time they've wasted already, by the time Mu Sheng rushes back, Mu Yao would have already fought the water mirror.

"It's late. Miss Ling, you've done a lot already. I'll send you back to sleep." Liu Fuyi warmly proposed.

After experiencing today's difficulties, Miaomiao felt that Liu Fuyi's attitude towards her had changed.

She wrapped her clothes tighter: "Let's go take a look first..."

Her palm grew warm all of a sudden, the talisman combusting into flames. Under the purple lights, the yellowish talisman paper turned into black ash in the blink of an eye.

Liu Fuyi's expression immediately changed, and in the next moment, both of them heard the sound of thunder shattering through the sky.

Thunder lingered in the horizon, and dark clouds started to drift over.

Immediately following that was the intense sounds of fighting. In the distance, the sounds of the water mirror on its death throes mixed with the delicate shouts of a girl.