-32-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Today would be my first full day as an empress and I already had Nanami give me a rundown of the empire's finances plus the palace.

I wanted to get all of this out of the way so I can just relax, Satoru was also a little busy this morning as well thanks to some work he had left behind, which sort of made us miss this little honeymoon trip that was going to be in one of Satoru's vacation homes on the beach.

But after taking care of that, plus seeing all of the organizations Satoru actually supports and donates to, which was pretty sweet honestly.

Now though, I had decided to sneak off, a basket of snacks for me as I ran off to Satoru's garden, being sure to go deep into it so nobody could interrupt.

"Whew, alright this should be fine," I say, nodding my head as I looked around to only see the path I had taken, trees blocking my view, which also would shield me from anyone else's view.

Now in my hand, I had the two-spirit crystals that were given to me during the wedding, holding the two in my hand.

From what I know from the books in the study, you're supposed to feel some sort of sensation of whatever element the spirit was, and if you're compatible, then the spirit will tell you their name so you can free them.

But the downside was...well only a small few (nobody) can take on a strong spirit, but two were never heard of, just talked about.

"I hope I don't die or something," I say to myself, trying to find humor in the fact that I was risking everything.

Now I had closed my eyes and allowed my breathing to slow, my hearing heightening just as I felt heat run through my body, letting me know that these were fire spirits.

'Leo' 'Fiamma' I heard two voices, a male and female, say, forcing me to repeat them, only to open my eyes to a large lion and lioness.

"Damn, y'all are huge," I say in shock, not even realizing that I had zero drawbacks.

"Hm? A human freed us?" The male lion spoke, his voice booming as his fiery mane seemed to flow like air.

"She's not just a human dear, she's the Gem from the Estella family" The lioness explained.

"Really?" "Yes that's me, but I guess as of now I'm the empress of hell's southern region," I say, the two looking at each other before nodding.

"Congratulations Empress, but do you not feel any weakness as of now?" Fiamma asked "Um I feel pretty fine, a little warmer than usual though," I say.

"She is the Gem we've heard about," Leo says "Spirits know about me?" I asked, not thinking about how dumb the question was cause the lioness knew who I was.

"Of course we do, we've known you before you were even conceived, and knew just how strong you'd be," Leo says.

"Strong? I'm not all that" I shrugged "Honey, you've summoned us two without struggle. You might not realize it but you're special" Fiamma says, making me smile at her words,

"Well thank you" and for some time we talked, the two telling me about life before the war and when they were put into crystals, Leo was more grateful that he was back with his mate, which was pretty cute.

"So now that you're out, can I call on you two?" "Of course, the moment you released us, you made a spirit contract with us, and we did the same," the lioness beside me says as I had my hand on her, shocked by how soft she and Leo were despite being fire spirits.

"Angel!" I heard Satoru yell, the demon popping up out of nowhere, seeming a little stressed for some reason.

"What's wrong Satoru?" I asked "I missed you" he explained, getting down on the ground to wrap me in a hug, completely disregarding the spirits beside me as the two seemed to be amused by us.

"I was just gone for a bit" "That's too long" "for a demon emperor he's pretty fussy," Leo says, and as he spoke the lion was practically on top of Fiamma while showering her in the same type of unconditional affection as Satoru would to me.

"Leo I don't think you have much room to speak," I say "Mhm, and I'm not fussy, I just love my wife" Satoru added, finally acknowledging the spirits.

"Anyways, I knew you could get them out" "Mhm, I'm surprised I didn't die like the book said I would," I say, Satoru falling out, the lions and I look at each other in confusion.

"Angel, why would you do that?" As Satoru ranted I just patted his back, just glad to see he cared about my well-being.

But once he was done I sent the two off, knowing they have some catching up to do, while Satoru and I went back into the palace to spend some time together, my husband not letting me escape his affection.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 866