The Daily Double

It's a cruel, Cruel Summer, leaving me here on my own. Now you're gone.
Bananarama.

This can't possibly end well...

Thursday, 7:30 am.

Nick finished his coffee while I ironed my work shirt. "Ray, are you still going to fuck both of your girlfriends tonight?"

I fiddled with my tie. "C'mon, Nick. Tracy's...she's not really my..."

He snickered at my exasperation. It was the fifth time Nick had given Tracy that title, just to mess with me.

"Ok, whatever, Nick. Yes, unless Tracy pisses me off, or Alice tells me she loves me."

Nick's eyes widened. "Alice hasn't said it yet? It was obvious the first time I met her. Wait, does she have some kind of problem?"

I shrugged. "I don't really know her that well. Maybe her last boyfriend hurt her, and she's cautious."

Nick said, "What do you mean, you don't know her very well? You talk on the phone all the time."

It was a good question. Alice and I were both quiet, introverted people, and only saw each other about three times a month. On most of our dates, we ate, drank, listened to music and danced, all without saying much. Afterwards, we did affectionate and loving stuff, then usually had sex for an hour or two. I would either go home after cuddling, or spend the night at her apartment. When we talked on the phone, it was mostly about our workdays, because we both had interesting things happen every day. We seldom talked about our pasts, futures, families, or beliefs.

How did I miss the shallowness of our relationship? Once Tracy's gone, I should fix that...

Ashamed, I answered, "Uhh, we talk about work."

Nick laughed, "Work? So, you told her all about Tracy and Wendy?"

I became indignant. "Nick, my job is more than just playing with the girls."

Nick said, "Really? You feel your employees' tits every single day. Does Alice know about that?"

Women at the restaurant rubbed their breasts on me, both accidentally and deliberately. It was usually momentary, but frequently lingered, sometimes blatantly. Tight quarters gave the contact plausible deniability, but none of us took care to avoid it. Most of the time I ignored the stimulation. However, I occasionally thanked the women, which either made them stop, or do it more.

If it was a woman I liked, I would often move my arm a couple inches closer as an invitation for their fleshy delights. I hated to make the comparison of fish and bait, but it was just like that.

Tracy never bothered with breast play, just made loving eyes and touched me affectionately while passing by. Everyone knew about us, so we had no need for secrecy.

I undid my tie knot to start over. "Alright, I get your point."

Nick shook his head. "You really shouldn't try this, but good luck if you do. I think you're going to fuck it all up. You always fuck it all up."

He's not wrong...

"Thanks, Nick. Oh, by the way, I'm going to Pick-A-Part with you early tomorrow to get a radiator for your truck. That's what I'm telling Alice when she asks why I'm leaving."