Opposite her, Liu Fuyi opened his mouth but his voice sounded blunted, as if something was separating them. His calm voice brought with it some bewilderment, "Miaomiao, I can't see you anymore."

Can't see? In front of her, she could see that she and Liu Fuyi were standing shoulder to shoulder. Ling Miaomiao raised her head and the girl in the scene before her raised her head slightly. Miaomiao smiled and the Miaomiao in the scene also smiled. Next to her however, Liu Fuyi's eyes were dark and his expression was full of wariness, just like a tightly drawn bow.

"Fuyi, I'm right here. I can see myself and I can see you too."

Miaomiao saw that Liu Fuyi contemplated for a moment before his expression relaxed. A light flashed through his eyes as he said, "Do you know what 'it' is?"

The water curtain in front of Miaomiao shook and ripples started to appear. Miaomiao snickered mentally. You old demon, I'm smarter than you, you mad?

A hint of laughter appeared in Liu Fuyi's eyes. A face that originally held a sense of untouchable holiness somehow put on a fresh proud expression. He then took out the Nine Mysterious Demon Restraining Pagoda and held it in the palm of his right hand. Then, with his left hand, he started to draw several inscriptions in the air with rapid succession.

Ling Miaomiao stared unblinkingly at that pagoda. So the male lead's golden finger was so small, it was just about the size of his palm. It had about seven layers and it looked like a toy some kid had made by piling some leftover pieces of wood atop each other.

Can this toy really restrain this supernatural demon?

Liu Fuyi then rapidly chanted a string of mnemonic chants in a low yet rapid voice. She couldn't clearly hear what he was saying except for the last two words when he raised his voice at the end: "... Water mirror!"

Ah, this genius male lead Liu Fuyi really wasn't your average guy!

This 'invisible barrier' really was in truth, just a mirror.

All those newlyweds of Taicang County lost their lives to this mirror.

According to the original book, this water mirror was the work of an ancient demon king. After having been immersed in demonic Qi for a long time, it gained spiritual cognition. Thus, possessing the ability to move.

It didn't have a human form but it was evil. It continuously swallowed humans to satisfy its desires.

A hundred years ago, it had pretended to be a vanity mirror. It swallowed up many women that used it before it was sealed by a daoist who was passing through..

The daoist that sealed it didn't have a way to completely exterminate this dangerous mirror so after racking his brains for a solution, he settled on sealing it instead.

The daoist was an egotistical priest who liked to delve into mathematical conundrums in his free time. After struggling against the mirror for half a day, he finally came up with this rule: Only if a person takes a step that measures three meters, and faces the mirror, will they have a chance to be swallowed.

The daoist was immensely proud of himself, which normal person would take a three meter long step? No matter how capable the water mirror was, it was only an one-sided mirror. When they passed through the mirror, they would be behind the mirror, how could they possibly see their reflection? How could it possibly swallow anyone?