No Way Out

Reader PoV:

"Alright ladies, I'm going to call it a night," I tell Ruby and Mary Margaret as I started to feel the effects of the alcohol, plus a hangover threatening me with the tightness of my skull, the last thing I'd wanted was to wake up with a hangover in the morning, if I have any hope of leaving at a reasonable time tomorrow morning.

"Oh I love this song, one more dance please?" Mary Margaret asked with big eyes once a new song began to play.

"Alright one more dance, then I must leave," I said before Mary pulled me out of my seat and onto the dance floor, Ruby followed us to the dance floor laughing as Mary Margaret tried making me do a spin under her arm, it haven't gone too well, since I'm taller than Mary, the three of us dance together, I had never heard this song before, however I kinda of like it.

"I'm going to the little ladies' room, before we leave," Mary Margaret informed us, when the song comes to an end, Mary Margaret headed in the direction of the bathroom, while Ruby and I go back to our table.

"I had no idea, how I'm supposed to get up in the morning," I tell Ruby laughing as we finish our drinks.

"you're not the only one, I'm gotten the morning shift again," Ruby said with a grumble while rolling her eyes.

"I was hoping to get an early start, as I'm hoping to try to meet my friends tomorrow," I tell Ruby, as I remember I still need to call them, I had almost forgotten.

"Since we are friends now, there is something you should know, although am not sure if it applies to you," Ruby tells me, looking around to make sure no one was listening, as she leaned closer to me, "We told you, no one ever comes to Storybrooke, however what we didn't tell you is that, no one ever leaves StoryBrooke, because if they try to leave something bad happens, something always bad happens," Ruby tells me, I get a lump in my throat, as I get a sense of dread at the idea of not being able to go back to Alfea, not able to see my friends again, not able to see Miss Dowling, thinking of Miss Dowling makes my heart break all over again.

"What do you mean?" I ask trying my hardest to keep my voice sounding natural.

"I tried leaving last year, just as I was about to cross the town line, I got a phone call telling me Granny had a heart attack," Ruby tells me as she started to get emotional.

"That could have just been a coincidence," I tell her, though I cannot shake off the feeling that Ruby was telling me the truth, and that I might not be able to leave.

"It isn't just me, ask anyone in this town, who try leaving, they will all tell you of similar experiences, from car crash's to family members getting ill or hurt, please be careful, because whatever let you into StoryBrooke might not let you leave," Ruby warning sends chills down my spine, just then Mary Margaret comes back from the bathroom.

"You ladies ready to leave?" Mary Margaret asked us, giving her hips a little shake.

"I know I am," I tell her getting up again, wanting nothing more than to talk with the girls, Ruby and myself, walked Mary Margaret home before we headed back to the bed and breakfast.

"Before we head up to bed, would you like anything to drink, water or tea?" Ruby asked me.

"Tea would be great, thanks, also maybe some aspirin," I asked feeling the tightness in my skull getting worst, I would need a clear head in the morning, Ruby nodded her head before disappearing.

I take a seat on the sofa, kicking off my shoes, my feet are definitely, happy to be free of the shoes, I curl my toes in and out, in attempt to get the blood flowing in them again, when I could feel my toes again, I pull my legs up under me, I wanted to try to get more information out of Ruby, about what she had said in the bar, what if she was right, what if I could never leave this place?

I started to feel sad, at the thought of never seeing my parents or friends again, then there was Miss Dowling, the idea of never seeing her again made me want to cry, however that might be a blessing in disguise, because then I would be force to get over my stupid crush.

Before I had a chance to give it anymore thought, Ruby walked back in the room, holding a tray with a pot of tea with two cups and two glasses of water, she places it down carefully on the coffee table, before joining me on the sofa.

To Be Continue: