Wedding bells ringing ❤

Jade x Kung Lao

(Third person)

Wedding days, how they were such a special thing for everyone involved. Jade and Kung Lao had chosen today to be the day they both seal the deal in their relationship. Kung Lao smiled seeing Jade walking down the aisle in her wedding gown. Kitana, Mileena, Tanya, Cassandra Cage and Jacquiline Briggs had been chosen to be her bridesmaids. Liu Kang, Kung Jin, Takeda and Fujin were chosen as the groomsmen for Kung Lao. The bridesmaids smiled seeing the bride herself step on the pedestal, Kitana tearing up as she stared at her friend. For so many years Jade had protected Kitana, and Kitana protected Jade. Kitana had always considered Jade to be a sister, a younger sister specifically because she was younger, seeing her now at the alter, her hands entwined with her future husband's, she couldn't help but cry. Cassie rubbed her back for comfort as she smiled, Mileena giggled at her sister's sobbing face, "Such a crybaby sister." Mileena whispered. Kitana kicked her gently in the back of her knee, almost making her fall over, Cassandra and Jacqueline quietly giggled. Liu Kang felt much pride as he watched the pastor explain the vows, a few stray tears fell down his face, "Yo Liu Kang, are you crying?" Kung Jin asked with a chuckle, "Maybe just a little bit." The older monk said, Fujin placed a hand on his shoulder. Takeda on the other hand felt really giddy about all this, wedding always made him happy for some reason.

Kung Lao stared longley into Jade's eyes as he listened to the vows. It took everything in him not to cry at the most beautiful woman standing in front of him. It had been only a few years ago that Jade and Kung Lao had fallen in love, the day he allegedly swept her off her feet, in her garden, "Kung Lao!" The pastor yelled, Kung Lao blinked furiously as the shouting startled him, "Is everything alright Mr Lao? I believe you're a little distracted." The pastor asked smiling, "Forgive me pastor, I just caught a glimpse of Venus herself, Aphrodite if you so please." The Shaolin said kissing Jade's knuckles, the whole crowd awed at their antics. Except for Cassie, she gagged. The pastor chuckled at his silliness, "Do you Kung Lao, take Jade to be your wife, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

"I do." Jade blushed at his antics, using every bit of strength in her body not jump in place from her giddy feelings. How she loved Kung Lao, he spoiled her so much, how he treated her like royalty. Her smile couldn't be contained, she had never met someone who treated her the way Kung Lao did, he set high standards for Jade's friends though. Her eyes grew big as the pastor read out the vows, "Do you Jade, take Kung Lao to be your husband, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?" He asked, Jade smiled, "I do." Kitana and Liu Kang tried their best to contain their excitement, "By the power invested in me and the elder Gods, I pronounce you two, married!" The pastor yelled, "You may now kiss the bride." Oh how elegant the kiss was, Jade's arms snaked around Lao's neck and his arms wrapped gently around her waist. The two broke away, Kitana and Liu Kang broke down in tears, the boys and the girls trying their best to comfort them both through their laughs. Jade and Kung Lao stared into each other's eyes, "I love my darling." Lao said, "And I love you my sweet." She replied holding his face.

*This was so cute to write. I can go on and on about these two. Screw Kotal. This was a continuation from the last part!*