"I don't sleep." Chassidy's tone was so low, her therapist could barely make out her words.

"You don't sleep or you aren't sleeping well?" She questioned, unsure about what Chassidy meant.

"I don't sleep at all, maybe twenty minutes a day, if that." Chassidy sighed and turned her gaze elsewhere.

"Is it because of the dreams or?"

"No. It was the dreams at first, but now—It's just hard...knowing I killed someone. It's keeping me up at night." Chassidy spoke, her voice cracking near the end of her sentence. "And seeing the person I love just..die, right in front of me. I can't close my eyes because all I fucking see is him laying there, dead." As soon as she said those very words she broke into a complete sobbing fit.

"Chassidy, you were defending your loved ones...you aren't wrong for what you did." Her therapist said as she reached over to hand her a box of tissue, "I think you may be placing some blame on yourself for everything that happened and it's becoming unhealthy."

"I'm not blaming myself but I do feel like I let our child down. My baby needs a father, she needs Rico and I do too." Chassidy spoke through a sniffle, "Part of me feels like I could have kept him out of trouble that night if I pressed the issue harder or if we just stayed home that night. We talked about him leaving the streets behind and him getting back in school the night before everything happened. He deserved a chance, a chance at the life he was planning outside of the streets. He had plans for himself, for us—our family."

"Nothing that happened that night is your fault." Monica assured her in the softest tone, "And it's important to remember that Rico wouldn't be blaming you for this if he was here, he'd want you to be taking care of yourself. You have to remember, It won't be this way forever." She spoke sincerely as she watched Chassidy calm down for a second—but it didn't last for long.

"I know...but right now, I'm hopeless." Chassidy's voice cracked as her tears came back with full force again. She shook her head and covered her wet eyes with her hands. "I need him most right now. He should be here...with me and his daughter."

Miami, FLMonday 5:30PMTrue's House

Miami, FL
Monday 5:30PM
True's House

Hearing a knock at the door, True walked over and peeked through the window to see his expected guest. His lawyer, Issac stood at the door nodding his head at True before stepping inside.

"Issac, wassup with you?" True spoke, dapping him before he closed the door behind him.

Issac was more than just a lawyer to True, he was a good childhood friend too. One of the ones that made it out the hood and went off to college. They lost touch when he moved outta Opa-Locka but rekindled a few years back after they ran into one another at a hearing True had for a gun charge. He was also the same one who got Dee's felony charges dropped. Issac more than good at what he did, he was the reason True hadn't served any actual prison time for any of the crimes he committed. He pulled a lot of strings for him but none that were illegal or enough to risk losing his job.