3

Zayn had a butterfly knife in his pocket and he cut a hole in the trash bag so they could get out.
"I thought that was the end of me life. What a horrible way to go." Louis said.

"Well, you could always fall from this dustbin. How are we supposed to get down?" Harry asked and looked over the edge.

Niall was the one who came up with a solution. He found a long stripe of toilet paper in the trash.
"I just hope no one wiped their butt with this."

"Why would we throw that with the kitchen garbage?" Louis snorted.

They secured the paper at the top and threw it over the edge. They all hesitated after that. Liam finally offered to go first.
"It's just like gym class. You know? Up and down that rope."

"Except this is a fucking piece of paper." Louis muttered.

Liam swings his legs over the edge and took a deep breath before he started to climb down.

It took him forever but when he was standing on the ground Zayn started to climb down. Lottie looked over the edge.
"I don't know if I have enough arm strength."

"If spaghetti arms here can do it so will you." Harry said.

Lottie looked confused.
"Spaghetti arms?"

"Louis." Harry smirked.

"He doesn't have spaghetti arms. I don't know how he can have muscles though. He hates to work out." Lottie replied.

Niall got ready to climb down. Lottie looked like she was panicking.
"Lotts, you can do it. I'll go last. Harry first, then you. The guys will catch you if you fall, right Harry?" Louis said and turned to his neighbor.

"Uhm, of course but you're not gonna fall, Lottie. You can do this. Use your legs." Harry answered. If Lottie would fall there was no way they would be able to catch her.

"Yeah, okay." Lottie said.

Harry gave her what he hoped looked like an encouraging smile before he got over the edge and started to climb down. When he had reached the ground it was Lottie's turn. It took forever but she managed to climb down safely with everyone shouting encouragement at her.

Louis didn't want to be the only one left on top of the waste bin. As soon as Lottie had reached the ground he started to climb. He was halfway down when the paper started to tear above him. It was just a small rip at first but as he tried to hurry the paper tore more and more making him sway back and forth.
"For the love of God, hurry!" Lottie screamed.

He climbed as fast as he could, terrified beyond belief. If he fell he would crack his head open. A stream of swear words left his mouth as he made his way down. Everyone down below tried to keep the paper in place so he wouldn't sway back and forth do much and it helped. He had two meters left to the ground when the last fibers holding the paper together ripped and he fell to the ground.

A sharp pain in his leg made him cry out as he landed. He just lay there and tried to catch his breath.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Louis breathed out.

They helped him get up and he tried to walk and flinched.
"I think I twisted me ankle."

He sat down again to examine it. Lottie sat next to him.
"We need to stabilize it."

Zayn took out his knife again and cut a stripe of the paper. Lottie tied it around Louis' ankle. He put his shoe back on and stood up. He could walk even if it stung like hell.
"We need to get back to the house."

"It will take months! It's miles and miles and miles away." Niall said, working himself up to hysteria.

"I guess you have to start walking then." Louis said and took the lead.

"It's like a jungle out here! Why haven't you cut your lawn, Tomlinson?" Niall wailed.

"Why the fuck did you morons have to play baseball?" Louis shouted back.

"Stop it! This doesn't help. Which way is the house?" Lottie asked.

Everyone looked confused. Louis sighed.
"That way." He pointed.

"Are you sure?" Liam asked.

"Yes but you can always climb up on a flower or something if you don't believe me." Louis muttered.

"I'll take your word for it." Liam shrugged.

They started walking in silence.
"Did anyone bring food?" Niall asked after a half hour.

"Yes, I packed us a nice picnic." Louis replied sarcastically.

"Louis! Niall has a point. We won't last long without anything to eat." Lottie said.

Louis sighed. He had already thought about that. He changed the direction.
"Where are you going?" Zayn questioned.

"Me mum has a small vegetable garden near the fence." Louis said.

"Then we have to walk over the lawn first instead of making it up to the house." Harry pointed out.

Louis stopped and turned around.
"That's the only source of food I can think of. Does anyone have a better suggestion?"

They looked around at each other.
"We should have gone through the garbage." Niall said.

"But we didn't and I don't see how we will be able to climb up there." Louis replied.

Everyone sighed and then they started walking again. Louis masked his pain. His foot was swollen by now but that wouldn't stop him. The long grass gave them shade from the sun but they were all thirsty. They wouldn't last long without water either.

They walked for hours. It was getting dark outside. They were all starting to realize the seriousness of their situation. They were no bigger than a third of a pinky. They were a long way from the safety of a house and no one knew what had happened to them.
"Our parents will miss us. They'll be looking for us." Harry said suddenly.

"Yeah." Louis agreed. They all knew that they wouldn't find them but it at least felt a little comforting.