Chapter 8: A new beginning

Monday morning came around and it was time for Chris and Julia to go to school. They didn't want anyone to find out about their date on Friday, especially not the popular kids since they made fun of them for it. They knew that the popular kids would try to spread rumors about them having sex or something. And Chris certainly didn't want to have to fight anyone again. Of course, things were a little awkward between Julia and Chris when they met up at school. When they had left the week before, they were friends. when they came back, they were lovers.

Chris was sitting alone, eating his lunch when Julia came up to him. " hi Chris" Julia said. Like I said before, " I had lots of fun Friday night. I talked about it for hours with my mom." Chris laughed. "Y'know, when you kissed me on the cheek, I got really nervous. But it doesn't matter because I love you anyways." Chris replied. " i'm sorry I made you nervous." Julia said. " was it something I said?" " No, no. It wasn't you at all. I just think I was nervous because I've never been kissed by a girl. That may sound a little weird considering that I'm 17." Chris replied. " oh yeah. I had a boyfriend back when I was 14 but he was a real jerk. He never paid attention to me, he made comments about my body, it was almost like he didn't care. He would tell me he loved me, but I could never feel that love from him." Julia said quietly. " when I broke up with him, my family was very proud of me. They knew how he was and so they were worried he would get aggressive when I did break up with him." "Oh, sweetheart." Chris replied gently. " I want you to know that I will NEVER do that to you. You are probably one of the nicest people I've ever met and I couldn't imagine someone hurting you like that. You've always been there for me, like when Maddox spilled that milk all over my shirt and you gave me a new shirt to wear. So I'm gonna do whatever I can to be there for you." " thank you so much Chris." Julia said. " that means a lot to hear."

Just then, all the popular kids came over to where Chris and Julia were sitting. " we KNEW you scum bags were dating!" Brinnley said. " we heard you talking from across the lunch room AND we saw video footage of you guys Friday night." Brinnley continued "What?" Julia asked in a shaky voice. "You were WATCHING US?!" Julia yelled. " yep!" Jane laughed. " you guys have one of the cringy, disgusting relationships we have ever seen." " how did you guys know where we were?!" Chris demanded. " I got it all on video." Jackson said. " we heard you talking about going out when we were in the hallway on Friday." Jackson and Katie then started to mock Chris and Julia on their date. Julia ran off crying. " Julia hold on wait!" Chris yelled, desperate. " you guys are such fucking pricks!" Chris yelled at the group before running off to find Julia.

Chris ran all around the building calling for Julia, but she was nowhere to be found. Then Chris went outside and found her sitting in the field, bawling her eyes out. "Julia?" Chris called softly. "Go away!" Julia yelled. " they're probably right, our relationship is probably disgusting but you probably just pretend like it isn't." " hey, hey." Chris called out. He sat next to Julia in the field. " I don't think our relationship is cringy, in fact, I love our relationship because I love you from the bottom of my heart." Chris replied. Chris put his arm around Julia and she rested her head on his shoulder. " honestly, it doesn't matter what those kids think. It's not gonna change my opinion of you." Chris continued. Julia was sobbing. " I just feel really bad because I feel like no one will ever love me. I'm such an outcast of the school!" Julia said through tears. " And it doesn't matter if you're an outcast to those kids. You'll always be important to me." Chris said soothingly. Chris wrapped his arms around Julia as she cried. Finally, Julia's mom came to pick her up. " my mom's here, I gotta go." Julia said, standing up and wiping tears from her face.

That night Julia had a lot to think about. Maybe Chris was right. There wasn't anything for them to be ashamed about in their relationship. The popular kids were just putting in their nonsense to make them upset. What happens between the two of them was none of the popular kids business. Frankly, Julia didn't know HOW Those kids were popular in the first place. Nobody likes them because of how mean they are. They were only popular because of their looks and good clothing style. And they weren't really popular in the school either. The teachers were always having to yell at them, and none of the other kids liked them. They were just popular amongst themselves. " I love Chris and nothing those kids say is going to break our relationship." That was the last thought in Julia's mind before she drifted off to sleep.

The next day, Julia and Chris met up again like they always do. Of course today, they had a little bit of time before they had to get to class. " do you feel better than you did yesterday?" Chris asked sincerely. " I feel a lot better and I had a lot of thinking to do as well." Julia replied. " what were you thinking about?" Chris asked. " I was thinking about how the popular kids opinions of us don't define our relationship. They can say whatever they want to and we shouldn't let it affect anything." Julia said. "That's the spirit!" Chris cheered. " and actually, i'm glad we're dating." Julia said. I think we should go on another date sometime. What do you say? You and me, tomorrow night. I can pick where we go." Julia said in a confident voice. " I would love to." Chris replied. " I think it'll be lots of fun." Just then the two kids heard the bell ring for class. " c'mon, we don't wanna be late. Last one there is a rotten egg!" Julia yelled playfully while running away from Chris. Chris laughed and chased her to class.

THE END.

Little authors note here. Hi, my names Mallory. I really hope you enjoyed my story. I've liked writing and reading for years. But this is the first story that I've actually published. I'm so glad I get to share my creativity with the world. See you next time!