Chapter 5: Chris's last straw

Monday came around and Chris and Julia rode to school together in Julia's mom's car. "Thanks again " Chris said to Julia's mom. "I missed the bus and my parents are at work." "You're very welcome bud." Julia's mom said. "I'm always willing to help someone out that needs it." When Chris and Julia got to school, they walked to class together. Just then, the two of them got stopped by the popular kids who were now considered the mean kids. "Aww look at them! The two love birds." Katie remarked. "Go away Katie." Chris said. "You're nothing but an annoying asshole and your friends are the same." "Julia" Katie said. "Is that my folder?" "No it's not" Julia replied. "My dad bought me this before I even came to this school." "Stop lying" Katie said. "I know it's mine. It looks just like it." Katie pushed Julia to the ground. Julia got up, stumbling and she punched Katie and lost her balance. Chris got angry seeing this. "Hey Katie, Leave Julia alone or else." Chris said. "What are you gonna do?" Katie said in a mocking voice. "This!" Chris replied and he punched Katie so hard she fell and knocked over a chair. She had flown all the way across the hall. Julia stood up, the top of her head was bleeding, she just hadn't noticed. Katie got up and pushed Chris to the ground, knocking his glasses off his face. By this time, there was a group of kids surrounding them, watching the fight. Julia picked Chris's glasses up off of the floor and gives them back to him. "You mess with Julia, you mess with me. No exception, and that goes for anyone in this room." Chris yelled. By this point, both kids are up off the floor. Chris punched Katie so many times in the face she couldn't see so well. Then he kicked her to the ground and walked away.

"Oh my god Chris! Are you ok? You look really hurt." Julia said in a concerned voice. " yeah, I'm ok. Katie punches like a bitch anyways." Chris said. "Haha good one dude." Julia said and she put her hand on her head. "Oh my god! Holy shit I'm bleeding!" Julia said, panicking "Hey, it's ok, let's get you cleaned up." Chris replied gently.

Chris and Julia walked down to the nurses office. "What's wrong guys? Is everything ok?" The nurse asked. "I got pushed in the hallway and I hit my head." Julia said. "Ok, it's gonna be ok. Let me look." The nurse said. The nurse checked the top of Julia's head. There wasn't much blood but it still needed to be cleaned. "Ok honey, it doesn't look too bad. I'm gonna get you a wet paper towel to clean up the blood." The nurse said after a couple of minutes. "Ok, thank you so much." Julia said. Her and Chris sat down on the bench outside of the nurses office. " again, thanks so much for sticking up for me back there Chris. I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there." Julia said. " Any time Julia, i'll always be there for you. I wasn't just gonna Watch them beat you up. They're jerks." A few minutes later the nurse came back. "All right, here you go sweetheart. Hold this to your head and come back if it gets worse. Be careful now." The nurse said. "Thank you so much." The kids said. After a few minutes of sitting on the bench, Julia spoke. I think I feel better now, and I think the bleeding stopped." She said. " that's good." Chris said. "Let's get you back to class."