𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

       I look down to check my phone and he scoffs a laugh, "oh absolutely not, give me that" he takes my phone off me and throws it into the backseat.  I sigh, accepting my fate, before we begin our awkwardly silent drive to med.

~

"What're you doing here? And what on earth happened?" Will strides over to us as he ushers us into the break room. Jay sighs, "Imogen decided that it was a great idea to start a fight" he shoots me a disappointed glare. I ignore him for the time being as I peel the bandage away from my sticky face, "what?" Will turns to face me with a confused look on his face, however he soon steps into doctor mode. He kneels down in front of me to examine the gash, "it's deep, probably gonna' need a few stitches, but you'll live" he sighs. Jay visibly relaxes, "I've had grown men in the ED with fights that were less intense than this, what happened?" Will enquires.

"Nothing" I manage to spit out, already feeling the tightness growing in my throat. Will sighs, "well I find that hard to believe" he opens the first aid kit. I look away as Jay moves to watch us. Will sighs, "this'll hurt, I can't lie" he holds up a disinfectant wipe to my injury. I nod, gritting my teeth as he wipes the never ending blood away. Will sighs, "how long has it been bleeding like this for?" He tilts my head back. I close my eyes, "since it happened" I utter again. Jay sits down on the couch to grab my hand since I'm practically ripping the couch in half, I guess his brotherly instincts do still work, "which was how long ago?" Will sighs impatiently. I shrug, "half an hour ago? I don't know, can't remember" I brush it off.

         "I want this fully checked out" Will stands up. He practically drags me into a treatment room and calls Maggie over for some assistance. The friendly face appears in front of me and I smile weakly. She frowns at the sight, "oh no, what happened pretty girl?" Maggie folds her arms. Will looks at her with a raised eyebrow, "a fight happened, that's what" he shudders. I look down, ignoring the comment, as Will grabs his medical torch and stitches. Maggie takes a look at my wound, "stitches huh?" She backs away, trying to lighten the very awkward mood.

"Yeah..." I smile weakly. Will scoots over on his chair and I turn to look at him, "you're gonna' need to lie down" he pouts. I sigh, shuffling back and laying down. Maggie walks around to hold my hand, as jay leaves the room to answer his phone call. After a painfully long five minutes I now have twelve stitches on my forehead and a purple bruise on my cheek. Maggie wipes away my tears as I sit up, "all done" she smiles sympathetically.

I wait for the scolding or whatever is coming next, but as Maggie leaves the treatment room Will walks in front of me. I look up at him, "did you lose consciousness at all?" He frowns. I shake my head, "I don't think so" I sigh. He nods, pulling me into a hug, "do you feel okay?" He enquires. I nod, "I'm fine" I mumble against his scrubs. Jay walks back into the room and nods, "is everything okay? Are you fixed up now?" He sighs. I nod, "yeah" I jump off of the bed. Will sighs, "I'll call you when I'm home, but you can go" he talks to jay.

~

"Sit down, we need to talk about this" Jay points to the couch. I nod, sitting down and crossing my legs as he sits down next to me, "c'mon, start talking..." he sits. I run a hand over my face, "last night I posted the family picture we took before mom died, the one by the pier" I look up at him. He nods, visibly shifting in his seat, "and uh, a girl called Lucy commented something about dad but I deleted it" I sigh. He frowns, "did you take a picture off it" he leans forward. I nod, "yeah, but you have my phone so..." I shrug. He nods, "I'll look later" he brushes it off.

"This morning in class, she wouldn't stop staring at me, and I started getting angry" I sigh awkwardly, "then after class she said something about dad being an alcoholic and made a joke about mom uh, mom being dead..." I look away. Jay reaches over and places his hand on my shoulder, but it's too late, I'm already in tears...

"And I couldn't stop myself, I just hit her and I didn't stop..." I turn to face him. He pulls me in for a hug and takes my hand into his own, running his fingers across my bruised knuckles. I sniffle, "I didn't want to hurt her but I got s-so angry, I couldn't stop..." I let out a small hiccup. He rubs my back, "shhhh, it's okay. What she said was horrible and wrong. And I know it was a mistake, and you know you shouldn't have gotten physical her, but it's okay..." I rests his cheek on my head. I sigh heavily, "it was so scary, it was as if I couldn't control my body, I only saw red" my voice is croaky by now.

"Has that ever happened before?" Jay pulls away. I shake my head and wipe my tears, "no, never" I sniffle. He sighs, "here's what I'm gonna' say... no phone for a few days, you have to come to the district with me until you go back to school, and I want you to send an email to the principal explaining everything that happened. Okay?" He decides. I nod, "okay" I smile weakly. He sighs and ruffles up my hair, "now let's get some ice on that hand" he walks into the kitchen. This is gonna' be a long three weeks...