𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝?!

𐂂

Imogen Halstead (age 15)
Word count: 1602

Imogen's POV

           "Hey!" I hear my dad yell after me as I storm up the stairs, "drop the attitude, now!" He yells again as I slam my bedroom door behind me. I don't get much peace, since my door flies back open immediately, sending a gust of cold air into my room.  I groan as I dive into my bed, "have some respect!" He yells at me.  I shudder at his tone yet fold my arm, "I was just saying..." I huff, rolling my eyes.  My dad shakes his head, "there you go again! It's not what's you say, it's how you say it!" He slaps his hands against his thighs. 

            I can tell he's ready to say something else, but he's snapped out of thought by his phone ringing in his pocket.  He briefly skims over the message, "I need to go, but you're not staying here on your own. I'm sick of your attitude. You're coming with me" he shakes his head at me and leaves me to follow him down the stairs yet I don't move, "now!" He yells, making me rethink my whole life decisions. 

           The car journey to my dads crime scene isn't pretty, he's lecturing me on respect and my attitude, yet I'm too busy ignoring him.  These last few weeks haven't been too great between the pair of us.  He's been stressed with a case they're working and I've been stressed with exams, we just pick away at each other's patience.  That's all.  It's not great, but I'm sure we'll get over it, we always do.

             As he pulls up to the scene he turns to face me, holding his hand out, "give me your phone" he orders.  My eyes widen, "what?! No!" I screech.  He raises his eyebrows impatiently, I know that expression all too well, "fine" I huff, slamming my phone into his hand.  He hops out of the truck and wanders around to my window, "stay here, I mean it" he shoots me a warning glare before locking the doors as he wanders off.  I scoff, slouching back in the chair before folding my arms.  I can't wait to grow up, pfft.

~

Around half an hour later, I'm completely and utterly bored out of my mind, the only thing left for me to do is take in my surroundings, again. I stare out of the window, watching the cops run around like headless chickens, trying to solve this bank robbery gone wrong. I see my dad talking with Voight and hailey, I roll my eyes at him, still fairly angry at his lecture, and sigh.

To my left is a bank, which has three smashed windows and blood stains everywhere, I had to look away when got a little queasy from the sight, I don't deal well with blood... To my right is nothing but parked up cars along the road, which are unfortunately suffering bullet holes. I sigh and throw my head back before I am snapped out of my daydream.

             Gunshots start firing from god knows where, I hear glass shattering and I'm sure a bullet hits the hood of my dads truck.  I leave no time to spare as I dive into the back seats, hiding on the floor below them.  I let out a terrified scream as bullets start raining down on the truck.  I hear the windshield shatter as glass shoots into the car, and the window above me follows suit as mini glass shards slip down my jacket. 

             Tears are already rolling down my cheeks as I feel bullets ricocheting off of the door I'm leaning on.  I try my best to get up and move to the other side of the truck but I find myself paralysed.  It isn't long before I feel nothing at all, the only thing telling me I'm alive is the warm, sticky liquid seeping from my stomach. I want my dad...