𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜

𓅿

Imogen Halstead (age 18)
Word count: 1511
Request: my dood sebstanisfuckinghot <3333

Imogen's POV

"If it's been bothering you for weeks, why didn't you tell me before now?" I fold my arms as max sits on the edge of my bed.  He shrugs, "what was I meant to tell you? I'm sorry Imogen, but I don't wanna do this anymore. You're too boring and frigid. How was I meant to tell you that?" He shakes his head.  I feel tears in the corners of my eyes, "just because I don't wanna have sex with you doesn't mean I'm boring, we do plenty together" I let my arms dangle by the sides of my body.

"Yeah, plenty of things that you wanna do. It's always about you, always" he scoffs.  I furrow my brows, "it's always about me? I spent four hours in the tattoo parlour watching you get a tattoo last week, and not once did I complain about being there, because I was just happy to be there with you" I shake my head. He scoffs a laugh, "are you being serious right now? I brought you along because I thought you would at least get one too, but no, just because daddy doesn't like them? Jesus, you're pathetic..." he stands up. I'm utterly confused as to where all this is coming from.

"Where is this coming from? You were happy with me a few days ago, we went to the lake and you were laughing and smiling. You were happy with me..." I follow him as he begins packing his things away into his backpack. He snorts yet another laugh, "you're so fucking stupid, it's unreal. You're frigid, and boring, and pathetic. I got with you because you're one of the prettiest girls I know, but if I knew you'd be like this... following daddy's rules, and acting like a prat... I wouldn't have laid eyes on you to begin with" he stops and turns around to face me.

"So you're breaking up with me because I won't have sex with you, i wouldn't get a tattoo, and I actually respect my dads rules? Are you that petty? Are you really that dim witted?" I stand my ground. He throws his backpack over his shoulder, "I guess I am huh, and trust me... You stand no chance with anyone else, you're a waste of time and nobody could ever love you" he barges past my shoulder and leaves my room. I stand there in shock as I hear the downstairs door slam shut, thankfully my dad isn't home right now.

            I flop onto the ground and hug my knees.  Is that true? Am I really that hard to love? I don't get it... He was my boyfriend for three months, why didn't he ever bring this up earlier.  It's my body, and it's my choice.  Is he really that foul? Does he understand self-respect? I can't believe that just happened.  I need my dad... I scramble to grab my phone and pull up his contact.
Dad: "this number can not be reached right now"

             Ughhhhhhh! Okay then, looks like hailey is gonna have to come in clutch, she'll be better at this anyways...

~

Haileys POV

            I'm sat at my desk, researching into our case when I'm snapped out of thought by my phone ringing.  Imogen?
Hailey: "hey kiddo, everything okay?"
Imogen: *sniffle* "not really"
Hailey: "what's wrong? What happened?"
Imogen: "max just broke up with me, I-Uh, I don't know what to do. I feel like shit"
Hailey: "oh honey, it's alright. Im gonna come over as soon as I can, I promise"
Imogen: "thanks" *sniffle* "I tried calling my dad but he didn't answer, is he undercover or something?"
Hailey: "yeah he is, did no one call to tell you?"
Imogen: "no"
Hailey: "I'm coming over right now, darling"
Imogen: "if you're busy, it's fine" *sniffle*
Hailey: "no, I'm coming over. I'll be there soon"
Imogen: "thanks, hails"

            When I approach jays front door I let myself.  I'm immediately greeted with Imogen who's sat on the bottom steps, tears rolling down her face.  My heart breaks at the sight, "oh immy..." I sit down next to her and pull her into a hug. She sobs into my shoulder, "he said I'm pathetic, and boring and that nobody will ever love me" she manages to explain. He what?! Wait until I get my hands around his throat... "shhhh, it's okay I'm here" I reassure her.  She lets out a load groan, "I thought he genuinely liked me, but he just wanted sex and everything that comes with it, I didn't want that..." she adds.  How cruel can boys really be these days?

"How about... you go change into a pair of comfortable sweats and I'll make us some treats. We're having a chill day" I nudge her leg. She frowns at me, "don't you have work?" She enquires. I smile, "I'll take a personal" I shrug.  She smiles, "thank you" she nods.  I wave her off and watch as she moseys her way upstairs, poor kid...

~

As I push my way into Imogen's room, I set the tray on her beside table. She's already curled up in bed, "hot coco and lots of chocolate" I smile weakly, "your favourite" I hold up a pack of Hershey kisses. She lets out a half hearted chuckle and I can tell she's crushed. I kick my shoes off and take my jacket off before pinning my hair up and hopping into bed with her. I pull her into my chest as she lets her tears out, "he's not worth it honey, you're young and you have a better life ahead of you. This isn't something to beat yourself up over, I learned that the hard way" I rub her back.

            "You did?" She looks up at me and I tuck the curls behind her ear.  I nod, "I was your age, and he was called Eddie. His full name was Edwardo, which, now that I think about it was an obvious red flag..." I begin.  She lets out a small chuckle.  I sigh once again, "he cheated on me during our fifth month together, with my best friend" I add.  Her eyes widen, "that's messed up" she scoffs with her chin rested on my chest.  I nod and smile sadly, "I let it ruin me, and I found it really hard to even function from day to day. I couldn't shower, eat, sleep, and I knew I was being silly because he was in the wrong. I eventually got over it and I became a better person. Which is what I want you to do" I plant a kiss on her forehead.

             "But he meant the world to me" she wiped her tear away.  I smile, "I'm sure he did, and he might even still mean the world to you. But it's now up to you to realise your worth. You need to push yourself to see how stupid he is, and you have me by your side to help you" I rest my chin on her head as she rests it back down. She lets out a shaky breath, "I'm glad you're here" she whispers. I rub her back in calming motions, "me too" I reply. I feel her body getting heavier within a few minutes, and I know she's fallen asleep. I think this calls for an emergency girls day tomorrow... who needs school anyways?

~

Imogen's POV

             I wake up the next morning with the feeling of someone running their fingers through my hair, I open my eyes fully to see hailey still laying next to me, "morning, pretty girl" she smiles down at me.  I yawn, "good morning... what time is it?" I gasp.  She chuckles, "11:35am..." she nods.  WHAT!? My eyes widen, "I have school!" I go to jump out of bed but she's got me in a pretty tight hug, "I called you in sick, and I took a sick day off work" she chuckles again.  I sigh, "this is why you're the best..." I mumble as I snuggle into her side.  She smiles, "I only provide the best care for my number one girl" she nudges me. 

             "Your dad came home last night, i told him everything so you don't have to" she adds.  I sigh in relief, "you're a life saver" I close my eyes again.  She rubs my back, which is probably going to make me fall asleep again, "he wanted you to know he loves you, and he'll see you tonight" she explains.  I nod, before abruptly sitting up and grabbing my phone.  Hailey seems a little confused by my actions but I lay back down next to her, "what're you doing?" She throws her arm around my shoulder again.  I sigh, "blocking max and deleting him from everything. Moving on, like you said..." I frown.  She plants a kiss on my temple, "I'm proud of you" she whispers.  I smiled weakly, what would I do without you hails?