FOURTY EIGHT

*time skip to the euro finals*

MADDY SAT once again, in the audience with masons family. however this time they were even more nervous due to the fact that this could be england's first national trophy in 54 years.

the game had started barely 1 minute ago, but was already bursting with energy. she watched as trippier made a cross over to shaw who kicked the ball into the back of the net.

she, along with masons family and the rest of the english crowd jumped up and errupted in cheers, all extremely happy with the early goal.

and as the game dragged on and england still hadn't conceded a goal, maddy was sure they were going to win, and hopefully score another goal.

however that all changed when in the 67th minute italy's player bonucci ended up scoring a goal, and it only went downhill from there.

the game went into extra time, then penalties. which upset everyone around as they knew how bad england's luck with penalties was. and their thoughts were proved right as england ended up losing the penalties 3-2.

she watched as the boys she had become so close to tear up. she watched as mason made his way over to dec so they could comfort one another. she watched saka come to tears, and get comforted by people around him. and worst of all she watched the italians cheer all around her, proud that their country had won the european championship.

she already knew that once she and mason got back to their hotel room that she was going to have to do alot of comforting.