NINETEEN

AS MADDY walked down the stairs that morning she could smell food being cooked in the kitchen.

she guessed mason had invited someone over to cook for the pair because of what happened the last time he tried to cook for the pair.

so, much to her surprise, she saw mason attempting to cook what looked like pancakes when she walked into the kitchen.

"mase, what are you doing?" she asked the brunette cautiously.

"hey angel. i'm cooking you breakfast, its your birthday after all." he laughed.

"yeah but remember what happened the last time you tried to cook?"

"oh shush, that was a mistake. plus you should be appreciative, i've worked hard on this!" he told her proudly pointing to the supposed 'pancakes' that looked more like mush than they did food.

"i am! but i'm just saying i could've made something, or we could've ordered something."

"nope! not happening. now try this!" he said excitedly as he pushed a plate with the 'pancakes' that were covered in chocolate sauce in-front of where she was sat.

maddy cautiously took a bit off of what was now on her fork, and found herself quite liking what the boy had made for their breakfast.

"wait these are actually quite nice mase, well done"

"told you! now hurry up i want to give you your present."