Zoo time

Seb POV

We've grabbed our wrist bands, we have our bags and I have Aleah on one side and Max on the other. Lisa and Suzanna are just behind us, giving us room to bond and also so they can see how the kids react to me. I don't think I've seen Aleah smile so much since we got here. I can't wait to show them around and spoil them today. I have hired some security just incase fans see me and try to approach. I love my fans but today is about the kids and no one else.

"Seb?"
I look down and see Aleah looking up at me "yeah ladybug"
She smiles big at the nickname "can we go see the monkeys first?" She whispers "Max really does love them"
"Of course we can. Let's go" we walk off in the direction of the monkeys, we have a tour guide booked too but they won't be meeting us for another hour. So we might as well go see what we can find. Max is so excited that he lets go of my hand, I quickly and gently grab him back and crouch down in front of him.

"Max. You have to hold my hand okay? There is a lot of people here and I don't want to loose you"
He looks down "I'm sorry Seb"
"Hey" I put my finger under his chin and bring his eyes up to mine "it's okay bud, I just want to keep you safe okay?"
"Okay" he smiles and takes my hand again, as we get to the Monkey enclosure I see Suzanna walking towards them but Lisa is staying back. I let the kids stand close so they can see everything and move backwards slightly to talk to Lisa.

"You okay?"
She nods "mmmmm"
"What's wrong?"
She takes a deep breath "not a huge fan of monkeys"
"Oh....but there so cute"
She shakes her head which causes me to laugh "nope not cute. Not even close"
I see Max and Aleah pointing up at them and Max is clapping his hands and cheering as the monkeys run around.
"Well Max likes them"
"Yeah. Aleah gave him her stuffed monkey when he was 2, because he kept having nightmares. So it was her way to protect him without being with him"

"She's an amazing little girl"
"She is. For a kid who has been through so much, she is still so strong and would do anything for that little boy"
"You really care for them don't you?"
She nods "I do. I care for all my kids but Aleah and Max there story is similar to mine so I feel closer to them I guess"
I look at her shocked "you were abandoned too?"
"No. But I was in an abusive home. My Ma just kind of left me to my own devices. One day, I was hurt so bad from her drugged up boyfriend that I ran and never looked back. I was 13"
"God Lisa....."

She shakes her head "it's fine. I grew up, got over it. Now it's my mission in life to help kids like them. To show them not all adults in this world are out to hurt them"
I smile "thank you"
"For what?"
"For sharing your story with me and for being here. I'm glad I met you"
She smiles widely "I'm glad I met you too Seb and I think it goes without saying I think Aleah and Max are very happy they met you too"
I see them having fun while watching the monkeys, max is pretending to be one and making Aleah laugh. They look so carefree today and I love it. I can't wait till they are officially mine.