I laugh, "And you're probably right."

"Did you at least have fun?" He sits up.

"So much fun!" I smile, "Thank you for taking me."

Last night was the most fun I've had in a while. I don't get to do the college like parting thing very often, it was fun to let loose for a night.

"No, thank you, for taking me to the game," he leans forward. I instinctively rest my hands on his shoulders.

"You're welcome," I smile leaning forward with the intent to kiss him.

Yeah yeah, I know I probably shouldn't but I want to, and yolo, right?

"Ducks goal!" The announcers voice makes us both freeze and look over at the TV. My hands drop into my lap as I watch my brother excitedly skate over to Jamie who looks ecstatic as the boys surround him.

When the hell did they even go back to the game? How did I not hear them say what the penalty was?

"Drysdale's first goal of the season," the announcer explains as I stare at the TV screen as it switches from the boys celebrating to a replay of the goal. And sure as hell Jones passes to my brother who leaves the puck at the blue line for Jamie who whips it right into the net past three Islander players, and Vatrano.

I think my jaw just dropped off my face and rolled across the living room. There's no way that just happened.

"Oh my god," I whisper watching the TV as they show the play again from a different angle, "He actually did it."

"What?"

Davey breaks my trance and I look over at him.

I need a quick lie, "Uhm Jamie and I made a bet about him scoring tonight."

It's not a total lie.

"Did you win?" Davey asks. I can feel him looking at me but I'm still focused on the TV. The camera's zooming in on Jamie who's now sitting on the bench, completely unaware of the camera, but he looks damn proud of himself as he stares at his stick, spinning it a couple times as Adam Henrique leans over and says something to him.

"Kinda," I try to hide the smile that pulls at the corners of my mouth, but it's hard because there's a part of me that missed Jamie so much I wanted him to score tonight. But the another part of me didn't because I just know it would be easier.

When the game ends, Davey helps me clean up the snacks we pulled out before he leaves.

"Thanks for the company," I smile up at him. We're standing right in front of my door, still inside.

"Anytime," he nods, reaching for the door handle.

"Drive safe," I follow slowly behind him as he steps outside. The cool October air breezes past my bare legs.

"Damn it's cold," I groan. I hate the cold. I hate it so much. I want the sun and warm air, all the time.

"Stay inside," he chuckles, "I can walk to my car alone."

"Are you sure? This town can be scary," I joke. I think the worst thing to have ever happened in Bedford is someone littering.

"I'm a city boy now, I can handle anything," he smirks.

"Whatever," I shake my head with a smile, "Night, Davey."

"Night, Ken," he waves as he walks away.

I shut the door and twist the lock before I make my way back over to the living room. I grab my phone from the coffee table and turn off the TV.

I make my way upstairs, typing a text to Mal: i've fucked up, help.

And not even a second after I make it to my room, she's already calling me.

"What the hell did you do now?" Mallory's voice rings through my phone as soon as I hold it to my ear.

"Hey! Rude!" I snap as I sit on my bed.

"Explain yourself, Ken."

I tell her about coming home to Trevor and Jamie last night, and the kiss with Davey in the car. Then about the phone call with Jamie and the one with Davey, and about him coming over.

"And then right when I was about to kiss him, he fucking scored! He actually scored, Mal! And it was a damn good goal too."

"Okay, well uhm that was a lot," she sighs, "So you and Davey didn't kiss tonight?"

"Nope."

"But you did last night?"

"Yep."

"But you still like Jamie?"

"Yes."

"And Davey?"

"I think so."

"There's your answer," she says it so matter of factly.

"Huh?" I'm now laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Let Davey down nicely and test things out with Jamie."

"I wish it was that easy," I sigh, then I start to get another phone call. I pull my phone away from my ear, "It's Jamie."

"Good luck! Love ya, bye!" Then she ends the call.

"Bitch," I glare at my phone screen.

I groan but press the answer button and hold the phone to my ear again.

"You really fucking did it," I say sitting up again.

"What? Did you think I wouldn't?" He says cockily.

"Confident now are we?" I tease, standing up from my bed, putting him on speaker phone so I can change.

"All thanks to Z."

"Oh great," I mumble pulling my hoodie off.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" He asks, sounding like his usual soft, sweet self again.

"Yeah," I'm pulling on a t-shirt as I speak, "As long as you're okay when I say its not working."

"It'll work," he says it like it's a fact.

"How can you be so sure, Drysdale?" I ask moving to pick my phone back up.

"Because I'm not gonna let you get away twice."