Siracusan troubles Part 2

Comincia dall'inizio

"Well then. General Kalinkov? Why not we get straight to the point?" i smiled.

"Very well. It is in the best interest of the Ursus empire to obtain the Laterza necklace. We are willing to pay any amount of LMD to acquire it." He states as he looks at me with a serious face.

"Mmm. Even if i ask for one billion LMD?"

"That... Requires consultation from the emperor." He paused, "i can say that it is not outside the realm of possibility." He grabs a cigarette.

"I would suggest not smoking in a holy place."

"Right. Excuse me." He quickly puts away the lighter and the cigarette.

"So Ursus is willing to pay one billion? Is that what you're saying?"

"Unlikely. But there is a possibility." He shrugs.

"I'm guessing you guys are gonna turn it into a weapon of kass destruction?" i chuckled.

"You know us well." We both smiled.

------------------------

Café de Victoria//1633 hours//strong rain.

I'm taking a break in a cutesy café about 5km away from the church. Ursus is willing to pay up to 300 million, after much consideration. Now that is a lot.

As much as i want to sell it to them immediately, i still have a meeting with Leithanien who's on the other extreme end from Ursus.

"Sir, your Americano and french fries." The waiter arrived with my food and put them on the table. After which, he quickly went back.

Ah, bitter coffee and salty snacks, my absolute favourite.

What do they call it? Ah right. Living the life.

Look at how far you've gone, Valero! Hard to imagine eating in a fairly high-class café like this when two- no, FIVE years ago you were a part-time cook at a pub struggling to make it in the big city. I'd say that I've been a successful man!

Not sure about Aro though. But eh, what can i do about it? He has his decision and i respect it.

As i ate the french fries one at a time, we're not savages here, my phone rang. A Siracusan number! Who might that be i wonder?

"Yello." Thinking nothing much, picked up the call.

"Enjoying life, Mr. Valor?" The voice from the other side said. Colour me surprise it was Fantasma!

I was not surprised.

"Ah, of course." I snickered, "thank you for delivering the item and paying for it, appreciate it, by the way."

"... Listen up. News number one. Il nonno passed away. That means I'm the Capo of the Carolina famiglia." He announced with a thick Siracusan accent.

"Oh! Should i refer to you as 'Your majesty' now?" i laughed, only to hear an unamused 'hmph' from the other side.

"Second news. Some journo is writing shit about you. Might've been tipped by the Laterza's to set you up"

"...Can you elaborate?" my smile froze.

The sound of a liquid being poured into the glass was heard as he explained.

"Listen. There's this cat journo sniffin' around our business, been pokin' his nose where it ain't belong. He thinks he's got somethin' on us, somethin' about a transaction we made. You can guess which one it is. And now, he's got his sights set on you."