Chapter 20

OMG Did you guys see Yuzu's kabedon????? (Pic attached here). ARRASHJDJDFLLDJSHSKASALA. Imagine him doing it to you... Awwwww I'm out of my mind. Too much uhhh hotness. Alrighty! Here's Chapter 20.

-----------------------------

Felice's POV

My stomach was doing backflips, while my heartbeat raced.

"Yes?" He said with a smile.

Uuugghhhh. Stop being adorable!! It's messing up my brain.. I hate youuuu.

"Congratulations!" I said.

"Thank you very much!" He said with a weird accent.

*awkward silence*

"Please uhhh...." I started to say.

Here goes!!

I hugged him tight and said,

"Please cheer on me when I skate! I would really appreciate it!"

He looked shocked.

Maybe he was thinking.. "Why is this girl hugging me? We're not even that close. Now she's asking me to cheer on her. Maybe she likes me? Am I really that attractive? Am I a very good skater? I think I am.. I love winning! I love being the center of attention! Pooh-san makes me happy! I'm sure coach is proud too! I wonder how Javi is? ... (wait.. this is getting off tangent)."

I broke the hug and ran away as fast as a dog that was set free for the first time without looking back.

I better find a way to challenge those girls to a truth and dare.

And speaking of those girls, I bumped into them when I turned to a corner while I was running.. because basically, they watched me do it.

I hope he doesn't think that I'm out of my mind - doing this and that to people I don't know that much..

I had a great idea for a payback!

"See? I did it! Without hesitation because I don't like him!" I said to them. (half truth, half lie)

"Yeah, we saw everything.." Ashley said.

"But I won't stop teasing you! You look good together!" Gracie said with a giggle.

Oh, these two...

"I have an idea! The one who gets the highest overall rank among the three of us, gets to challenge the other two... to a truth and dare!" I said.

They were silent for a bit.

"Hmmm.. I like that! In that way, we will definitely work harder!" Gracie said.

"Now I'm pumped up!" Ashley said.
.
.
.
.
.
After one competition-free day, it was the Ice Dance competition.

(Congratulations Meryl and Charlie! So proud of you two! 😘)

And after the Ice Dance competition.
.
.
.

It was finally the day of the Ladies' Short Program.

**morning (a bit early)**

"I don't know why you chose this song.. It has a very sad vibe, but what can I do? You're the one who's gonna skate anyway. Haha!" Clara, my choreographer said.

"I love music with sad vibes.. Tragedy, mystery.. You name them. I'll love it." I said.

The truth is.., I'm a cheerful person. I live a happy life.. But I can't forget the scars of my past.. That may be the reason why I relate so much to sad music.

"Good thing we came here early.. We have the whole rink almost to ourselves." My coach, Stacy, whispered to me.

Any time would've been okay for me.. But I think I just want a peaceful environment while practicing.. That's why I came soooo early.

I started to take the ice with my coach by my side.

"Let me see your jumps again." Coach said.

I nodded.

One by one, she started to recite some jumps, while I executed them afterwards.

Her list went on and on until..

"Let's see your triple axel."

Triple axel.

Triple axel. I always get a little nervous about this jump. It just... brings back so many memories..

I slowy built up some speed..

Nervous, I tensed up a little bit.

I then threw myself up in the air..

Three and a half times...
.
.
.
.
.
Yes! I landed it! (not clean though)

I did my little "Happy Dance" after I landed it.

Yaaaay.

"We need to work more on your triple axel, dear.. Among all of your jumps, it's your most inconsistent one.. Is something wrong?" Coach asked.

"Ummm.. Nothing's wrong.. You're right. I need to work more on this jump." I said.

And practice continued until the rink was almost packed by skaters and spectators and fans. A lot of fans.

My team decided to stop practicing when it was almost lunchtime.

We parted ways at the hotel because our rooms were in different floors.

When I entered the room I shared with Ashley, she wasn't here yet.

After taking a shower, I got dressed and I checked my phone.

I got a message from Denis.

~*~

Denis 😝
(Text message)

Hey! Wanna join me at lunch? My treat! Meet me at the lobby by 11:30.

~*~

I smiled as I typed my reply.

~*~

Send to: Denis 😝

Sure. I'd love to! Thanks! 😊

~*~
.
.
.
.

When I arrived at the lobby, I immediately saw Denis.

And he was with someone else!! :/

No, I'm not disappointed by the fact that it's not just him and me...

It's just that.. He's with Patrick the weird guy!

"Ah! There you are! All set for tonight? By the way, is it okay if we'll take Patrick with us because we're both celebrating?" Denis said when he saw me.

"Ummm.. Sure! It's fine." I said.

I hope I can function properly with that weird guy around.

"Hello Felice! Our paths has crossed again! We're really meant to be!" Patrick said.

Denis looked at Patrick in a weird way. He then looked at me.

I gave him a "don't-mind-him-he's-a-weird-guy" look.

He seemed to understand what I meant because he nodded.

I faked a laugh and said,

"That's funny, Patrick! Stop joking! Hahaha." I said.

"And by the way, congratulations again to both of you!" I added.

"Thanks!" They said in unison.

"Shall we?" Denis said, asking us to go and have lunch.

"Sure." I said as we headed to a nearby restaurant.

--------------------------

Yaaaaay. This story finally reached 20 chapters!! As a celebration, you can ask me whatever you want and I'll answer them! :) Again, thanks for reading!