Chapter 9

The A Team

I know I write veeerryyy looooong chapters.. But please bear with me! Thanks!!

-------------------------

Felice's POV (as usual✌️😂) (2012-2013)

"Okay, dear, move to the center and do a camel spin. Time it with the music! Then prepare for your finale. Spin, and... That's it!" My choreographer clapper her hands as I strike my final pose.

In just a weeks, I somehow managed to find a coach and a choreographer. I'm currently training in El Segundo, California.

A retired professional skater named Stacy Russ (random name here) happily agreed to coach me as she described how she 'saw potential in me even if I started out late'.

"Duh, of course. I already won the Junior Worlds back there."

But of course I just said that in my head because that would've been rude, and I'm not Yume Ikehara.. I'm Felice Lelievré now - a figure skater who is just starting out... pretty late. Yeah, she's right.

My choreographer Clara Wyss (I suck at naming, sorry!) is an art enthusiast that specializes in music and dance.

Together, we make a perfect team.
.
.
.
.
(time skip)
*
*
Every time I enter a competition, I get the chance to make new friends with fellow skaters, and fellow teammates that represent my country, The USA. There were also times that I needed to take a break from skating because of an injury.

But as they say, 'In every competition, there's always a winner and a loser.' I had my ups and downs in my skating career but I never gave up. Years passed and all of my efforts and hardwork paid off when I received a text message saying that I am qualified to represent the USA and compete in the 2014 Olympics in Sochi.

(flashback)

I watching the television in my room when I took my iPhone 5s and decided to check my Instagram. After every competition, I seem to gain more and more followers. I also have a lot of notifications from fans and friends. I checked Gracie Gold's account and saw that she posted our selfie. The caption read: "I love this girl so much! 😘". There were also lots of positive comments from fans and stuff like that.

I browsed the photos in my phone and decided to post my latest ad campaign of our very own F&L skating boots collection with the caption: "Hey guys! These beauties are out next week! Don't forget to check them out. 😊😘".

I was surprised when after 37 seconds or so, it already had a lot of likes and comments.

I sighed. Some people adore me... and some people bash me, especially when I make a mistake, like "She can't even land a clean triple axel" or something. That's why I really love my fans. Without them, I am nothing. That's why I always try my best to reach out to them. When I was about to put down my phone, I received a text message saying that I am qualified to represent the USA and compete in the 2014 Olympics in Sochi.

I had to read it again and again and again to make sure that I'm not dreaming or imagining things. When I finally let the thought sink in, I ran to my mom's room to tell her the news. After a little confirmation, I couldn't be happier! I just cried and cried for 30 minutes because it was so surreal, and when I finally calmed down, we did a little celebration in our house. :)

(end of flashback)