Chapter 1

This is my first Yuzufic. Please bear with me. 😊 I'm actually writing chapter 15 now because I'm a bit ahead? Haha. Idk. Btw, the pic is Saya and Yuzu! Look at him! So kawaii! ☺️

PS: Yume is Japanese 😉 and for Chapters 1-4, they're speaking in Japanese. 🎌

Yume's POV (2009-2010)

Hello! Let me introduce myself. My name is Yume Ikehara. I was born on December 24, 1994 in Sendai. My mom is a businesswoman and my dad is a businessman.

I took skating lessons since I was 4 years old, together with my neighbor, or should I say childhood friend slash best friend. His name is no other than Yuzuru Hanyu.

We are currently practicing in The Netherlands because the Junior World Championships of figure skating starts tomorrow, and my coach is very strict and particular about practice.

I will start practicing in a few minutes, and it's not just any kind of practice. This practice must be as good as already performing in front of the audience.

I am nervous and I admit it to myself.

I sat on one of the benches at the side of the rink - all dressed up and ready to skate. I tensed up.

I gotta give it my best shot.

I put the palm of my hands on my cheeks as my heartbeat raced.

"Are you nervous?" I didn't notice that my best friend asked me a question.

"Wait, let me rephrase that. You're nervous, aren't you?" He asked again.

"Huh? No I'm not!" I quickly wave my hands.

"Yes you are. You always do that to your cheeks when you're nervous." He really knows me well.

"You got me. Okay. I am nervous. The competition is tomorrow and I think I'm not ready yet..." I said bashfully.

"Who says you're not ready? You're going to be okay. I know it. Just believe in yourself." He assures me.

"Thanks. I know you're gonna do your best tomorrow too. Knowing you, you'll probably-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence because coach called me from a distance, telling me that it's my turn to practice.

I looked at my best friend one last time before going to the rink and he gave me a thumbs up.

I started and ended my routine but I wasn't that satisfied because I want my landings to be clean although coach said it was 'okay' and 'at least I didn't fall'.

My eyebrows furrowed as I shook my head. It wasn't enough. I then plastered on a fake smile to hide my disappointment. As I exited the rink, Yuzuru approached me.

"You were great out there! But I know you aren't satisfied." He said with a smirk.

"Wait, what? How did you know? You gotta be kidding me. You know me too well, you overgrown piece of mushroom!" I said.

We laughed at the top of our lungs for what I just said to him.

"I really like your laugh." Yuzuru said.

"You're just saying that to cheer me up."

"No, I really like your laugh. It's contagious. It makes me happy too." He said seriously.

But to be honest, that kind of lifted my mood as coach was blabbering things to do for tomorrow.

As I was leaving the building, Yuzu called me.

"Bye Yume!" He yelled.

"Goodbye! See you tomorrow, Yuzu!"

And with that, I left the building to head back to the hotel with coach.