✨ Just Like Old Times

Start from the beginning

Regards,
Eddie

"Who is Eddie?" Harry questioned. "Eddie Redmayne?"

"Eddie Who?"

"The Muggle Actor who portrayed as Luna's great-something-in-law in a movie, of course! Come on, Gin. Don't tell me your brain is getting fuzzy."

Ginny slapped his right arm with her bare hand and boy did it hurt. "Ouch!"

"What have I told you about teasing me, old man?" She glared.

"Yes, dear."

"Good. Now, who's Eddie?"

"I have no more knowledge than a Slowbro."

Ginny's face took a blank expression again, as if trying to recollect who or what a Slowbro was. Harry smirked and earned himself another slap. "It's a Pokémon! That Muggle cartoon show!" He gave up, rubbing his numbing right arm with a growl.

"Whatever. Who's Eddie again?"

"I have no idea but since it's near The Burrow -" Harry got up in a swift motion, one he thought he had long since forgotten he could do, and fell on one of his knee. "Will you, Ginevra Potter, do the honours of accompanying this sweet cinnamon roll to this Ball?"

"What's a cinnamon roll again?"

"My, oh my!"

-xoxo-

That Thursday evening, Harry Potter, aged fifty six but felt more than a hundred, was seated in an uncomfortable chair, the invite in his hand along with a cup of cold tea. "You know, Gin?" he called out to the floor above.

"WHAT?!"

"Don't you think you are a tad bit old to wear makeup and all?"

Harry winced when a doe landed in front of him, transforming into a glitching doe-horse often. "HARRY FREAKING POTTER! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT TEASING?!" That, was the modern howler, yes.

"Yes, dear."

"Good." It vanished.

Harry sighed dreamily, looking at the parchment. Perhaps, despite aging and all, his and Ginny's relationship dynamic never changed. He would give anything, besides her of course, to let it remain constant for the remaining of his life.

But the nabbing question in the back of his mind, no correction, in the front of his mind seemed to eat up that temporary reminiscence.

Who on earth was Eddie?

Ginny's descending footsteps echoed above him and he threw the invite into his pocket. There was his jaw to be dropped soon and a tongue to recover quickly. That was his priority. Guess he just had to find out in a couple more hours about the mysterious host.

-xoxo-

The sun seemed to taper down faster than normal as the stars rose, twinkling mischievously and foreshadowing something that Harry, for the life of him, could not find. The wind was slow, gentle and well-paced against the humid atmosphere. The beautifully asymmetrical leaves of various trees in the meadow near The Burrow fell on their path like a red carpet. Memories as old as good times itself flooded his brain. Ginny's arm in his seemed to remind him of the various detours they'd do to avoid being caught by Ron after a particularly late date night.

The look on Ginny's face spoke the same volume, allowing a pang of sadness to reverberate within him. Oh, how much he would give for the good old times to return?

"My. . . oh, my!" Ginny's exclamations, followed by the sharp withdrawal of her arm brought him back to the present and his own eyes widened at what he was seeing.