Chapter 6 The Truth

Contains sexual and mature content.

It's been a month since I spent a night with Paul. After going home, the next day my mom grounded me for a whole week. Thank God she didn't take my phone so I still had access to the outside world. After my punishment for being grounded that same weekend, I had to travel with my dad. He was going for work that involved road trips to different regions so he said he would love that I joined him for the adventures. It's been quite enjoyable experiencing other cultures and learning that the language barrier has a great impact on one's work in Kenya. Going with my dad to different regions has helped me to clear my mind and get out of the space of concentrating on one thing. While in Nairobi with my dad we took time to go around a few colleges that had career week for me to learn a few things. I'm now back home and I'm happy that nobody has any idea am back. I still need a break from everyone and all the drama that involves people around me.

I haven't faced Vicy yet to tell him about Paul and I. We have been communicating as though we are still a thing. He knew about me being grounded but I lied about the reason I was grounded. Paul on the hand has been a darling I can't wait to see him. I'm here trying to think of something that will make my mom allow me to sleep out of the house so I can spend a night with Paul. I'm in my room thinking of all kinds of stuff when my phone rings.

"Hey, hun? How are you this morning?" it's Paul.

"Hey, babe. I'm good just lying on my bed bored." I answer.

"You are back?" he asks.

"Yes got home late last night," I tell him.

"Can I see you? I have missed you." He says.

"Yea I would like us to meet but babe please I need to talk to Vicy. I don't like playing with his feeling like this." I say hoping we won't fight because lately, we have been doing great with no fights.

"Vicy is not around, he left like an hour ago because there was an emergency." He says.

"What..... what kind of emergency, is he ok? I ask worriedly.

"Monty I don't want to talk about Vicy, please. Hun, I just wanna see you." He replies. I wonder what might have happened to Vicy that he travelled and never even told me about it.

"Ok, I will talk to him personally," I reply.

"Are you intentionally trying to make me mad?" he asks a little agitated.

"I just wanted to let you know so that if he tells you we spoke you don't go shouting at me," I reply knowing clearly I was making him angry.

"Hun please can I see you? It has been more than a month since I saw my wife-to-be." He says changing the topic.

"Okay lemme check what my day will be like then I will call to let you know if we can meet," I tell him.

"Awesome. So I gotta ask something, hun." He says.

"Anything please," I answer.

"I really want us to have sex, are you healed from the pain you experience last time?" He asks.

"I hope so," I reply.

"Please do call me later to let me know if you'll be free or should I just drop by?" he asks.

"No. Wait for me to call." I reply.

"Ok. I love you, Monty."

"Same here. Bye." I hung up the call. I really want to know what was the emergency with Vicy and why he wanted to leave so suddenly. I decide to give him a call.

"Hey, Monty." He answers.

"Hey you, where are you?" I ask.

"I'm heading back home from town, I had an emergency in the morning but it's handled now." He says.