Chaos

After noticing the lack of any kind of response, Dedede continued. "Why did you put him in jail? I don't imagine you knew about him shooting me."

Magolor shook his head. "We found him under the signature white cloth that the OSO uses. Taranza and Daroach put him in jail to ask him later about it." Daroach nodded.

"That seals it, then. Gimme some food and then I'm going down there."

. .-.. ..-. .. .-.. .. -. / --. . - ... / -... .-.. ..- -.. --. . --- -. . -.. / - --- / -.. . .- - .... / .- ... -- .-.

Dedede came back into the dining room. Bandee waved from across the room. "How'd it go?"

"Terrible. He's still asleep."

Taranza leaned forward. "But you are sure that he was the one who shot you, right?"

"Yeah."

The others exchanged some sideways glances. Magolor raised his hand. "Hey, just so you're also aware, I woke up yesterday in a bathroom sink."

Dedede snorted. "Thanks, Magolor. Also, floor D just opened."

Having nothing better to be doing for the time being, the others got up and made their way to the elevator. The entire panel had been illuminated by now, with the exception of the one button above the others. They descended to the floor directly below. They all went together to the first room, which looked like a film studio for some kind of game show. There didn't seem to be anything of major importance.

They left, and made their way to the other room. As soon as Daroach lay his hand on the doorknob, he stopped. "I don't think I like this room."

"But we haven't even gone in yet!" Magolor protested.

Daroach hesitantly opened the door and a breath of bitterly cold air drifted out and into the hallway. Dedede instinctively grabbed Kirby and brought him into a fold in his jacket. Everything in the room was frosted over. There were icy shelves, cardboard boxes frozen stiff, a crane that didn't look like it still worked. Even Dedede was shivering, despite how heavy his coat was. Magolor was wearing heavier clothes than most of the others, but he seemed to be about to start breaking down crying. Daroach had his hand around him, trying to reassure him through words, but the chattering of his teeth didn't allow him to get them out.

Meta Knight turned his gaze to Magolor. "What's wrong with him?"

Daroach stopped walking. "Hates the cold more than anything."

Taranza managed to stop himself from shaking long enough to read the thermometer on the wall. "Negative fifty? That's excessive."

Bandee had completely unraveled their bandana and was using it as a blanket while whey walked. "Hey, you know what? I think I saw this place in a dream!"

"What do you mean?" Kirby's voice was muffled through the thick coat.

"I mean I dreamt about this exact room a few nights ago. If I'm right..." They hit a button on the wall and the shelf slid away, revealing a staircase leading down. "I knew it!"

Magolor was shivering violently. "B-b-but w-what does th-that mean?"

They tightened their bandana. "Maybe I've been here before..."

Magolor's face was turning blue. "Th-this is r-really interesting, b-but I th-think I need to g-go. I'm n-not feeling very well..." He was trying to play it off, but he would have been sprinting to the door if he had legs.

Dedede turned to the others. "Is he gonna be okay?"

"Probably." Taranza said. "I think he just needs to warm up. Hopefully."