Chapter One: So Sick

----------------------------April 7th, 1991     |----------------------------|7 : 2 5 A M |

April 7th, 1991 |
----------------------------
|7 : 2 5 A M |

I'm sitting on the couch at the rehearsal studio, rubbing the bridge of my nose as I take a deep breath. I've been awake since 4 in the morning because I kept coughing and throwing up blood.

It makes no sense to me. I shouldn't be coughing blood! It isn't normal

My stomach is in knots and it feels like I'm on a 24/7 rollercoaster, I take a languid sip of my water with a soft sigh, I'm usually not the first to be at rehearsals, but I had nothing else better to do.

In front of me is a bunch of papers, of sketches, and storyboarding for a cartoon I want to do someday, it's called Rockheads! It's a really cool idea! I wish I felt more up to working on it though, cause right now I think I'm going to hurl just by moving my eyes too much.

The door to the studio opens and I don't even have to look up to know it's Paul. He is always the earliest to arrive, and he clearly was not expecting to see me and let out a, very dignified and manly squeal.

"Eric? What are you doing here so early?" he asks, I grunt and shrug, picking up my drumsticks and tapping them together to relieve some of my nervousness.

"You don't look, good pal. Your pale. Are you sick?" I shrug once again, looking at Paul from my spot and feeling nauseous just by moving my eyes, I squeeze my eyes shut and groan.

"I think so...I've been fuckin' throwing up for the past week. I don't have food poisoning cause you guys would too since we all eat at the same places. I didn't want to miss rehearsal though."I lie through my teeth, but he seems to believe it because he shakes his head

"Eric, you should have stayed home! We don't want you to play if you are feeling ill. Have you thought about going to see a doctor about nausea?" I shake my head

"Didn't really cross my mind. I didn't think it was that serious...but if you think I should, I will." the door opens as I finish my sentence, and Bruce and Gene walk through the doorway, Bruce has to lower himself just an inch to fit through the door and he looks at me.

"Think you will what Foxy?" he asks, his Brooklyn accent strong as I can feel my face start to flush, did I mention I have a big ass crush on Bruce Kulick? No? Well, I do.

"w-well I have b-been sick for the past w-week, and I'm going t-to go to the doctor. Cause I can't d-do rehearsals today..." I say, stuttering slightly. Dammit, Carr! Stop stuttering!

"Are you really in any condition to drive Fox? You look like you might pass out." He sits next to me and rests a hand on my knee, damn his hands are big...nope! Not now Eric!

"I'm n-not...I'll j-just call up a friend to t-take me. You g-guys should get on with rehearsals." I put a hand on the armrest and slowly stand up, holding a hand to my head as my vision goes a little wavy. I let go of the armrest once it calms down and walk out of the room, going to the nearest phone and dialing Ace's number.