The Pevensies~1/5

There's been a rumor, a legend, a mystery. A rumor of her being the lost princess of a kingdom far across the sea. Of a kingdom that only lives in the dreams of Narnians who have found their gorgeous seas and rolling plains a bore and believe the grass truly is greener.

Thus, when the youngest overheard the rumor being spread between the two maids making her bed that morning, she was quick to bring it up to her siblings for she'd seen the way the young girl acted. She was a Princess true with the way she walked and talked and carried herself. Everything she said and everything she did had the mark of a royal. Every hidden jealousy was increased ten fold between the four monarchs at her presence. Though they each loved her, they found their largest temptations to be challenged whenever she was around.

Though it's not often that this happens, each one was bit by the bug of curiosity. They all had to know if the rumor was true. Upon bringing it up to the girl, she admitted her past was fuzzy and the memories of it were locked in such a way even she could not get to them.

When Tumnus, who happened to be serving breakfast and overheard the conversation, brought up a memory spell, all five were intrigued. The one whose memories were wanted would drink a potion - which would put them to sleep. From there, each person that desired to see a memories would touch somewhere on their body and would receive one.

But that's just it. They'd receive one and couldn't go back for another without completely starting over. One could not tell the potion what they wanted to see, but their deepest, most hidden jealousy would be revealed through the memory they received. And none knew if that meant they'd find the memory they were looking for that would confirm her identity.

Nonetheless, they agreed. Even when Mr. Tumnus warned that the memories seen could not be spoken of. They could not be retold after being seen and would be completely anonymous to the other three siblings and the girl herself.

Still they went along with it. Ignoring the anxieties of the unknown in hopes they could confirm, or deny, a rumor.