Chapter 50: Entomophobia

Start from the beginning

So much mosquitoes that all of them together could suck out all his blood. Solus felt a shiver down her spine.

So he ended up using his quirk to push the insects away from him and undid the thing that made him float. Not a bad move, but done too late. He probably thought he could outfly them. To be honest, I might think that too.

Solus suddenly realized that none of the nomu were attacking her now. She looked around, and saw that all the nomu were slumped over.

When the person they obey falls unconscious, they do too? Good to know.

"They're all out." Hive stepped into the clearing, a small bee she didn't recognize flying around his head. "This hornet is from HQ. It has the healing injection." Without further warning, it shot towards her and stung her arm.

"Ohmygodd." She suddenly felt lightheaded.

Hive laughed. "Yeah, getting rewinded multiple times a day does suck. Go ahead and pass out."

"What, so you can bridal carry me to HQ?" Solus raised a eyebrow. "No thanks."

"No, dumbass, so that it seems like you did your best per the plan, remember?"

"No offense but you did sound like you were going to bridal carry me."

"Was not."

"You're so suspicious." She poked him in the forehead. Hard.

"OW." He complained. "That was that for?!"

The corners of her vision were blurring. "Being suspicious." She mumbled, dropping down to a squat, head down.

The ground swayed under her feet. Shit, I'm so dizzy.

Solus felt Hive's eyes study her for a moment. "Here. They would definitely put you into a hospital." A sharp pain spread outward from her arm. "When they put you into a hospital, they will no doubt run DNA scans."

He crouched down and rubbed ointment over the puncture. The numbness disappeared. "I'm taking out parts of your genes."

"Oi, did you pass out?" He flicked her on the forehead and she tumbled backwards, landing flat on her back.

Tch. Hive sighed dramatically.

"I suppose that ends our conversation." Hive turned away and left.

Hive POV

Dammit... I planned to ask Solus but she passed out! Hive grumbled. Now I have to figure it out myself.

He sighed. Operation what-the-fuck-is-radioactive-doing is officially underway.

Leaves softened his steps as he marched away from the clearing.

Hive reached HQ again in a few hours. Like hell he was running. The bullet train is far more comfortable.

He sat down, office chair rolling backwards as he dropped himself into it. Hive flicked his eyes onto the screen.

He missed quite a lot. Dragging his finger over the screen, he rewinded the footage to the minute Radioactive exited HQ.

Did she have that coat before? Hive wondered. He doesn't remember seeing it. Narrowing his eyes, he realized the cloak was old and frayed, dark stains degraded the fabric, which at one time might have been of high quality.

Hive also didn't fail to notice the bumps in the fabric, indicating that she stored a weapon, likely a gun, under the cape like part.

"Play it at 2x speed." Hive ordered, and the video sped up. He saw as she boarded an old moldy train, blending in with the other AA assassins waiting for their stop. One by one, they filed off the transport until only Radioactive remained.

He could tell she was nervous from the way her knuckles were white from clutching the bar near the exit.

So that means she isn't a spy. A spy would seem so much more confident reporting to their bosses. If she isn't a spy, then what is she doing?

The math I did for this chapter:

Google states that there are 700k-1.3million mosquito eggs in an acre. If the radius of area of mosquitoes is 1/2 kilometers, then to find area of circle u times it by itself and then by pi(which we are going to use 3 instead cuz I don't want to calculator). A half times itself is 1/4  which equals 0.25. 1 quarter times 3 is 0.75 which equals about 185 acres.

Now, google states that it has 700k to 1.3 million EGGS in an acre, and judging by statistics their mating time is generally around spring, with females laying 100 eggs at a time up to three times but we'll use two. Canonically it is summer so rn so the amount of mosquitoes will be all the eggs that hatch. Assuming that 50 of 100 eggs hatch AND that the old mosquitoes die after giving birth 500k mosquitoes will be in an acre.

500k is in an acre and the area of mosquitoes being pulled is 0.75 square kilometres(185acres) then the amount of mosquitoes in the area is 92.5 million. Of course this is when I realized mosquitoes are slow and only those within a certain radius would reach him within 2 minutes but shh the mosquito he bought along was able to keep up with him so the insects he manipulated can move faster therefore I decide 30 million make it in 2 minutes.

So yes that was all the math I did I hope the FBI doesn't question my search history lmao

I'm trying to get back into a normal rythem for publishing chapters hopefully by next week I can go back to a chapter a week :)

MEME