Chapter 08

Naruto sat leaning his back against one of the pillars that supported the old abandoned mine that the two boys had entered.

They had wandered in aimlessly and with little vision but were able to elude their pursuers who had left when they saw how far they had gone into the mine.

The mine was too long a journey, Naruto did not know how old but it could be over 1000 years old and would have been closed in the reign of the Targaryen dynasty. The decaying timbers and outdated lighting also gave him an approximation.

Such mines were found all over the western lands. Mines were abandoned because of the dryness of the gold in them after being exploited for years. In the end, they were abandoned just like the small villages formed around them.

That is why Naruto could conclude that it was closed by the time of the Targaryen dynasty. The houses down the mountain were in too good a condition to be more than 1000 or 300 years old.

The mine was dark and too uneven. The sails on the sides were worn by time and by the water that fell drop by drop as if on repeat. The creaking of the wood was not very sonorous but it was unsettling as if you had to be on your guard at all times.

But the only good thing Naruto got out of all this was the sound of metal rattling in the wind. Firstly, they weren't going to run out of oxygen if they went any deeper, but there was also more than one way out of the mountain because of the different sounds the current created.

- "What do we do, Tyson?" - Adrian asked sitting next to him as he threw a rock that crashed into the wall in front of him, hitting the metal of the tracks, - "We were able to outrun them, but that doesn't take away from the fact that we're in bad shape."

Naruto just brought his knee up and put his head in his fist - "We're better off than before" - Trying to get something good out of Naruto to cheer up - "We could follow the sound of the wind and try to reach a way out, find a village and send a raven to Casterly Rock and another to my uncle in King's Landing"

- "What if they catch us?"

- "My uncle will save us?" - Naruto tried to reassure him. - "I don't think he'll mind, but it would be better if we didn't get caught," - He got up from his seat and clean himself up a bit, - "There are three paths and they probably all lead to an emergency exit created for sinkholes, we could use them."

- "There's no better option" - Adrian commented looking back at the corridor they had come from - "They're probably waiting at the exit, the bastards"

- "I'm with you. I don't think they're dumb enough to leave when we are locked up or starving to death."

The two children went down the corridor to their right where the wind could be heard more strongly.

- "Why do you think they were chasing us?" - Adrian asked and then frowned, - "It sounded stupider than I wanted it to sound".