He had rings in his hands and the first two buttons of his shirt were undone, putting his neck tattoos to display. Mr. Petrov maintains eye-contact with me, he had absolutely no expression on his face.

Snap out of it , clover. He's older and your dad's friend.

"Beverly" dad says in a warning tone. I quickly alter my gaze and look anywhere but him.

Don't stutter, calm down, don't fiddle with your fingers, don't shake your leg. It's okay.

"Good evening, it's a pleasure to have you here" I blurt out. Way to ruin it.

He chuckles, holy mother of cheese- why is he so hot. I'll have to tell my imaginary friend about this.

"Hello, sweet girl" that's it , I'm dying. Goodbye world. You were good to me .

"Come on, let's sit" dad says. Thankyou dad , I quickly say mentally.

Dad sits at the head of the table, mom to his right, I sit on mumma's side and Mr. Petrov sits directly opposite to me.

"You're shaking" a voice comes. His voice comes. mumma places her hand on my knee and circles it.

"It's okay" she whispered in my ear. I nod , thanking her quickly.

Ms. Moore served us all, I quickly thank her and pray to God before eating. Nobody does that except for me, not that it's going to stop me.

"Приятного аппетита" (translation: enjoy your meal ) dad talks to him in some other language I have absolutely no clue about.

Once we were done with dinner , dad excused himself as he had a call to take and mumma left to help ms. Moore.

The tension in the air was thick, so thick that I wanted to escape as quick as possible. Mr. Petrov looks down at his phone. Doing god knows what.

"Is this how you treat your guests, little girl?" I sit up straight quickly. He puts his phone to the side spreads his legs. His elbows supported by his knees.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologise immediately.

"I don't need an apology from you clover." The way my name rolled out of his mouth was so soothing to listen to.

"Shall I tell you a-a joke maybe?" I ask so that he doesn't think that I'm a meanie. He nods looking at me.

"What do you call a fake noodles?" He shakes his head waiting for me to answer.

" An impasta" I giggle raising my hand for a high-five. This was one of my best jokes but Mr. Petrov had absolutely no expression on his face.

"Can I tr-try again?" I ask tilting my head. He nods and adjusts himself.

"Where does the sheep go to get a haircut?" I ask. He shurgs his shoulders .

"Where?" He asks ,with a bored-tone?

"The baaa baaa shop" I let out a quick chuckle but again nothing happened. He doesn't even smile at me. I sigh and defeat.

"So-sorry to be mean but that's not v-very Nice of you Mr. Robot" I say looking down.

"Mr. What?" He raised his perfectly arched eyebrow at me.

I gulp and look down as I stand up fisting my hand.

"You shouldn't h-have asked me t-to talk in the first place if y-you weren't interested " I say quickly.

He was about to say something when dad comes into view and looks at us.

"All good?" He asked . I remain silent not knowing what to say.

"Yes Damien, little clover here was just telling me about the noodles and the sheep" he says patting dad's shoulder.

I look at him only to find that his eyes were fixated on me. He smirks and I pout, furrowing my brows.

Mr. Petrov was here to stay.

A/n: hello my beautiful babies , hope you all are doing good if not here's a hug🫂. Hope you enjoyed! :-)

Here's a picture of our clover with gracy