Caught#00 - eating the bones

"Now wash your hands with soap", my mum reminds me. "Wash your face the same too, Kiev", she adds, as I grin after taking one last bite. I can feel the thin, already cooling wetness, smeared around my mouth and chin.

"Well, it's not my fault I got a bone". - trying to eat all the meat around it, without breaking at least half the conventions on table manners, was difficult. And, this particular bone was of the thick kind, with lots of marrow in the middle, just the way I liked it. I'd picked a piece with bone, on purpose and it was entirely my fault.

Now, all that was left of my meal was a bone sucked dry, with the surrounding inedible jelly-like stuff left around it. The odd shape reminded me of the sheep hearts we tried eating once. Of course, it tasted fine, but only worked as a kind of quick-fix, if we were really hungry. The pack didn't have long to sit around in the fridge, since the three of us finished it all in the one sitting. I ate one, my mum and older brother had two each. Now, we always have two packs sitting in the fridge, just in case.

Sometimes Autry, my older brother, will come home tired from university, and eat one, until my mum comes home from the hospital. Then we'll all head over to Antique, a small café in the next town, where they'll give us what we really want.

It always comes in a brown-paper bag, wrapped in baking paper, to keep anything from seeping out. Of course, as with animal meats, it is drained first, but it's probably wrapped like that, as a precaution anyway.

And when we get back home again, for dinner, we all have a small piece of the package, to get us through the next morning.

Because, after all, nothing beats human meat.     

........................................................................................

Hi, so it's just turnipstar here.

Yeah, sorry. I've no idea if technical cannibalism counts as 'mature'. Well, if I get around to putting in a torture scene or two, later, then I'll probably put it as that - so no worries.