71

"where's the party?" haechan questions the second the friend group enters the door of yangyangs apartment

"where's the party?" haechan questions the second the friend group enters the door of yangyangs apartment. luckily big enough for a birthday party, he and xiaojun had spent the afternoon lazily throwing decorations together and preparing food.

the birthday boy glares at him, and shuffles into another room to grab plastic cups. sungchan is seen in the kitchen washing dishes, his tall, slender body much too familiar to ignore.

rinae feels her roommate latch onto her arm tighter, and she didn't have to question the sudden clinginess. "this was a bad idea."

"cake coming through!" hendery shouts from behind them as he holds yangyangs birthday cake with two hands and the girls move to the side to give him some room, before rinae whispers. "do you wanna leave?"

"no, no," the other responds almost immediately, not actually sure if she really didn't want to leave, she just knew she didn't want to be a buzzkill, "i'm good. i'm chill... very chill."

rinae hums, not fully believing the brunette but choosing to take her word for it and hoped she would be able to have a good time.

on the other hand, yangyang looked a bit frantic. he was speaking to xiaojun in madarin while the other spoke back in questioning tones as if he had no idea what yangyang wanted him to do. hendery then cuts in and the two go quiet and back to what they were doing, and rinae stiffles a laugh.

"it's five," sungchan announces before turning the faucet off, and everyone quickly finishes up their tasks.

"where's the alcohol?" haechan asks while already making his way to a cooler full of beer.

"yeah, i need that," cj agrees, unraveling her arm from rinaes before following haechan to the cooler. rinae watches sungchan glance up at the sound of her voice, eyes following her but she seems to pretend not to notice him.

"or you could, like, wait until the party guests actually show up," hendery needled, "alcoholics."

"i am literally the party," haechan then replies before twisting a beer cap off with his teeth, "ow."

"if you're the party, i'm worried," the other teases before he plops down onto the couch.

haechan glares but doesn't get to say anything when xiaojun jumps in, "a person can be the party?"

"it's called a hyper-bowl," yangyang joins, matter-of-fact-ly.

rinae snorts, "a what?"

"a hyper-bowl? do you not know what that is?"

"...oh my god."

"what's your problem?"

"you mean a hyperbole, you fucking dumbass?"

haechan laughs with beer still in his mouth and it drips down to his chin, trying to contain his laughter before he accidentally spat it out all over yangyangs carpet. the rest of the group break out into fits of laughter while yangyangs face flushes bright red.