see you later (pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

"Don't look now, kook alert." Pope awkwardly shifted in his seat and chowed down on his fries to avoid eye contact.

Topper and Rafe waltzed into The Wreck, looking as douchey as ever, "I'm outta here." I stood up.

"Don't let them ruin today," Sarah tried grabbing my arm but I pulled away from her, "They're not worth it."

"Yeah, we'll I'm already pissed off and seeing them makes it worse." I argued, "I'll see you guys at the chateau." They all gave me different variations of 'goodbye' and I made my way to the door.

An outstretched arm quickly stopped me and I halted, seeing the hand on my chest belonged to none other than Rafe Cameron, "I'm sorry to hear about your little girlfriend." I could see right through his apology. His ability to have actual emotions was about as true as me saying I've never tasted beer.

"Watch your fucking mouth, Rafe. I swear to god I'll—"

"You'll what?" His lips formed into a sick smirk and I clenched my fist, "Just giving you my condolences. Murdered in the marsh? Horrible way to go."

My stomach sank. Y/n's death hadn't been released to the public. John B made sure of that to respect his sisters prior wishes of never wanting to be a headline.

Suddenly all the anger, the hurt, the grief, the long nights spent crying just for five more minutes with her. It all mixed into one emotion.

Revenge. Revenge for my girl.

In a split second I had raised my arm and punched him off the bar stool he was once sitting on, "You murdered my girlfriend!" I jumped on top of him and sent punch after punch. I was in a black out rage, "I'm gonna fucking kill you!"

All the pogues voices were mumbled behind me, their arms trying to stop me, but I didn't. I couldn't. I wouldn't.

"JJ!"

"Come on, man!"

"He's not worth it!"

My chest tightened as a sob escaped my lips, tears falling from my eyes and staining my cheeks, "You killed her!"

"Get this psycho off me!" Rafe shouted and shoved his body away from me. John B and Pope doing their best to hold me back as I laid on the ground, their hands tightly secured around my upper arms, "Call the cops!"

"John B," I looked up to him, "He killed Y/n."

"Are you sure?" He quietly asked back and I began shaking my head to confirm, "You better not be wrong about this."

"I'm not." I promised, "He knows how she died."

I saw John B's jaw clench and that's when he dropped my arm and soon the girls were shouting his name as he took long, quick strides over to Rafe.

"This is for my sister." John B grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, lifted him from the ground, and threw probably the hardest punch I've ever seen him throw.

"Cops," Kie looked over her shoulder and I saw the red and blues shining into the restaurant, "You two need to run."

My mind was telling me to run but when I stood up I was frozen in place. Rafe was out cold behind me and soon John B stood to my right, our shoulders pressed against one another, "If we go down, then we go down together, man."