|𝟭𝟱|~ 𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Jamie grunts as he balances himself atop a ladder, his feet staggering every few seconds. His friends watch from below, their faces uninterested as they watch their friend reach for a colorful object atop his roof.

He smiles slightly as he grasps hold of the object, only to gasp and stagger as he looses his footing. He quickly grabs the edge of the gutter, the ladder tumbling towards the ground before the boy follows suit.

Jamie groans as his back hits the ground before rolling over, his eyes falling as he sees the object he retrieved was nothing but a tennis ball, as it rolls across his yard.

He glares at the hall before jumping up, dusting himself off with a sigh and turning to his friends with a smile.

"Let's check the park again." He offers, taking a a step before his friends speak up.

"Really?" Caleb sighs, annoyed with his friend. "For what? The Easter Bunny?" He mocks the name, his friends all groaning in agreement.

"Guys I told you, I saw him!" Jamie pleads, turning to his friends with full confidence. "He's way bigger than I thought and he's got these cool boomerang things!"

"Grow up, Jamie.." Claude groans weakly, quickly becoming fed up with the boy.

"Seriously?" Caleb scoffs once more, taking a step towards Jamie.

His friends all follow suit, their faces downcast, eye bags prominent as they glare softly at Jamie. The boy gasps softly a she takes in his friends expressions. They weren't the same, they were..different.

"What's happened to you guys?" He breaths out, backing up slightly.

"It was just a dream.." Claude calls desperately, swinging his arm in frustration. "You should be happy you still get dreams like that, and not.." he trails off, Cupcake looking to him with a knowing look.

"Nightmares.." she sighs, the rest of the group all shivering at the word. They weren't sure when it started, but every night was the same. Darkness, a black hoarse, a terrible laugh that shook them to the core, and then nothing.

It felt like they were drowning, constantly drowning. The only way to escape was waking up, and even that couldn't stop them from feeling all alone.

"Forget it Jamie.." Peppa sighs dejectedly, placing the tennis ball gently in her friends basket before turning away. "There's just no Easter this year." She admits, her friends all sighing before following after.

"He really is real!" Jamie tries, watching helplessly as his friends leave him behind. "I know he is.."

...

One after the other, more and more lights begin to flicker out. The Yetis all watch, shifting from one foot to the other.

What was going to happen?