Chapter 38

Harry's POV-
"Hey, love," Tom says as I walk out the bathroom. I sit on his lap and he runs a hand through my wet hair, planting a kiss on the top of my head.
"We have a meeting in five minutes," he tells me.
"Good. How are my parents?"
"James is awake and with Severus in the hospital wing."
"Cool. We should probably get going."
"Or... we could stay here."
"I have to find Draco."
"You don't have to."
"He's my best friend."
"You can leave it to the adults."
"No, I can't. I've never been able to just leave it to the adults."
"Dammit Dumbledore."
I laugh. "No, I think that one was all me."
"Damn you."
"Come on."
"Fine."

"Do we have everyone?" Tom asks as the last few people come in. Dad nods and Tom carries on, "this is the closest of inner circle members, mostly close friends and family of the Malfoys. We will bring Draco home, and we hope to bring Lily Evans here too. I will be going, along with James, Severus, Harry, the twins. I suggest Bellatrix, due to her...expertise.
"Haha. I would love to torture Dumbledore."
"Good attitude. Is there anyone else to join us?"
"I will," Lucius tells him.
"Are you sure you can handle this?"
"I need to see my son again."
"I would like to go too," Narcissa tells them, "my Draco is kidnapped and I have to be there when he is found."
"I would advice against the two of you being there..."
"Please, Tom-"
"However, I understand that I am not a parent. You can come, however you should stay back from any action. The same goes for the younger three."

"Tom-" I start in protest.
"No, Harry. Your 16. I'm not letting you endanger yourself."
"But-"
"I'm not Dumbledore. I won't let children fight adult's battles."
"Please-"
"DAMMIT HARRY, I SAID NO!"  He shouts in parseltoungue. I flinch, half expecting a slap to follow as that's what normally happens. It never comes, and I open my eyes.
"I-Ha-I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me."
"It's fine," I tell him, realising what I've done. I haven't done that in weeks, I almost forgot what the Dursleys had done.
"No, you're not."
He nods for me to leave the room and I follow, before he wraps his arms around me and plants a kiss on my forehead.
"Sorry," I tell him.
"Don't, it's my fault," he whispers in response.
"We should get back to the meeting."
"This isn't over."
"I know, I know."
"Come on," he offers his hand and I take it. We walk back into the room and he tells them, "we leave in ten. Prepare."