Chapter 3: Kang the Conqueror

To say she was stunned would be an understatement. Wanda heard her brother call her name. She knew it wasn't possible as Pietro had died in the Battle of Sokovia saving Clint - she had seen his dead body! However, overwhelmed by emotion, she neither obeyed Loki nor Clint, she rushed outwards to see Pietro, "Brother?" It wasn't her brother. It was a dark-skinned man in a strange blue costume, floating down from a strange levitating object. He wore a helmet which had a blue screen at the front, and the screen swiped away to reveal his smug grin, "Wanda Maximoff. What a pleasure to meet you." Loki came running behind her, and when he saw what she was seeing, he looked like he had a heart attack, "You-" Apparently none of the other Avengers seemed to notice either Loki or this guy. They were busy fighting and apparently they somehow had a duplicate of Wanda fighting alongside them. Loki stammered, "Wa-Wanda, we need to go! Th-This is He Who Remains!" Wanda couldn't really understand why Loki was having a nervous breakdown, when that other strange dude made a face, "Don't say his name. He was a menace to our kind." He turned his head towards Loki, "However, you and your girlfriend killed him. I never thought I'd say this, but thank you." Wanda wasn't sure but she could make out pain in Loki's eyes when the guy said 'girlfriend'. Interesting, she thought. Loki did mention him and his female variant screwing up the multiverse. Wanda interrupted him, "Who exactly are you? And where is... You know... Pietro?"

The dude replied, "Remember, Odinson, when that menace told you that he has been called a 'Conqueror'? Well, that's my name. I am Kang the Conqueror." He turned to Wanda, "Also, Pietro? Oh, he's dead. Sorry." There wasn't the slightest hint of sorry on his face. He smirked, continuing about Pietro, "He died in front of you. You could have stopped him, but you didn't. He died for whom - some unknown kid and Clint. Your brother died for the same guy you look up to. And how did he die? With Stark's technology. And now... Now you work with them?" Loki could see the guilt and pain on Wanda's face. Kang tuts, "Not expected from you, Wanda. You do remember Stark killed your parents as well, did he not? Though I must admit, you are quite a formidable witch and young lady. Tell me, do you, by any chance, fancy Vision?" Loki could have sworn Wanda was blushing hard. Kang continued, "I don't want to give spoilers for your future, but you do some pretty shocking things to be with Vision." He looked impressed, "Damn. Too bad about Pietro, though, he-" Wanda had tears threatening to fall out of her eyes, "Shut up! JUST SHUT UP!" Kang looked astonished, but then he growled angrily, "How DARE you-" Loki grabbed Wanda's arm, "We need to go!"

They both ran out of there. Kang followed in hot pursuit via his hovercraft-thingy. Loki took a sharp turn and skidded beside a few crates with Wanda. As Kang advanced closer, Loki hurriedly fiddled with the Tempad. Seeing that Kang was close, Wanda used her magic to throw several crates on Kang's face to slow him down, though it might as well have been useless. Still, Loki managed to make the Tempad open a portal and they both rushed inside it just before Kang reached them.