Confrontation

Kitty Cat: What do you call a pile of cats?

Ladybug: ???

Kitty Cat: A Meow-tain!

Ladybug: This is for emergencies ONLY.

Kitty Cat: It is. I'm bored.

Ladybug: And I'm at work.

Kitty Cat: Oooo what's miss ladybug up to? Are you a government worker? An accountant? A special accountant? Gasp, scandalous.

Ladybug: I'm no longer responding.

Kitty Cat: :(

Marinette was starting to think this was a bad idea. She thought the new communication plan was going smoothly after there were no akuma attacks and no texts from Chat Noir in two weeks. Then again, she couldn't help but be surprised that it took her partner two weeks to start misusing the texting form.

Also, she wasn't technically at work. She was home working on more commissions for her company. She had drafted over 10 different designs within the past two days and she needed to sketch out just a few more for her portfolio in order to make it to the deadline this weekend.

Though, it was hard to concentrate with her best friend making loud noises and always banging things against the walls. Marinette had offered to help Alya pack her things, but she had told Mari that she was too anxious about her work, which wasn't incorrect. The occasional noise was perfectly fine, but it wasn't until Marinette started hearing voices in her living room that she grew more curious and anxious about what in the world Alya was up to.

Marinette opened her bedroom door and walked down the short hallway to the living room and saw a familiar blond on his phone and her roommate's fiancee stacking a taped-up box on top of another one near the front door. She sighed.

"Alya, I could've helped. You didn't need to call them."

Alya popped up from behind the kitchen archway with a packing tape dispenser in her hand. "Girl, what did I tell you an hour ago? Go back to your commissions."

Marinette crossed her arms. "It's hard to focus when certain people are talking very loudly and banging boxes against the wall," she said as she glared at Nino and Adrien.

Nino put his hands in the air as if he was surrendering. "Sorry, Marinette. Alya's stuff is heavier than I thought. We would have gone through the boxes faster if someone would stop going on his phone," he said as he nudged his elbow at Adrien's side.

"Ow! Sorry, sorry," Adrien said quickly as he slid his phone into his pocket.

Marinette chuckled. "Lousy movers."

"I was texting my photographer!" Adrien defended.

"I thought you canceled that photoshoot," Alya said as she took a place on the couch and turned to peer over the back with her head resting on her arms.

Adrien shrugged. "I did, but my father apparently tried to cancel the—uh, well, cancellation. I was clearing up the misunderstanding."

"Your dad will get off your back someday," Nino said as he patted a hand on Adrien's shoulder. "Now, use those model arms to help me carry these boxes to the car."

Adrien laughed and off the boys went to pack up the larger portion of the boxes into Alya's car. Marinette sighed and flopped onto the couch next to Alya, who was clearly enjoying bossing the boys around with her stuff.

"Sorry we were making so much noise," Alya started. "I'll be sure to tell them to try to keep it down when they come back."

Marinette waved her off. "No, no. It's fine. I was nearly finished anyway, so I can clean up any finishing touches tomorrow." A small white lie, but it wouldn't hurt her.