twelve; morning after

song: I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys

─── ・ 。゚☆: *. ☽ .* :☆゚。・ ───

KEHLANI'S POV:

JJ had woken up twice throughout the night.

The first time was very early in the morning, and we were still in each other's arms. I was holding onto him, especially tight. He had opened his eyes and once he saw me, he went back to sleep.

And again, in the afternoon, John Bs was quiet, he knew everyone was sleeping. He noticed that the warm body that was next to him, was no longer there. He wouldn't be lying if he said he wasn't upset that I was no longer next to him, but he reminds himself that I couldn't have gone far, given that I was most definitely hungover.

JJ got up from the bed, rubbed his eyes, and made his way out of the familiar room, my outfit still on the floor as he passed by it. He walks out of the room quietly and slowly, Pope sleeping in a small chair and Kiara sleeping on the couch. He looks out the door and sees a familiar someone, the person he wanted to see when he woke up.

When he walked out of the house I was sitting on the edge of the dock, the Pogues' boat on my right. I hadn't noticed a new person was there with me until the wood that I had been were sitting on started to make noise, it didn't take a genius to know it was him.

He stood standing as I was still sitting in his sweatpants and shirt, it was silent for a minute, a silence that made us both want to rip off our skin, but we didn't, because he broke the silence.

"Hey."

That's all he said, after everything, last night all he had to say was 'hey'.

"Hi." I said quietly.

"How are you holding up?"

"Other than a major migraine, I'm just peachy."

JJ smiled a bit, he's happy that I was able to see it. "Do you remember anything that happened last night? You got drunk pretty quickly."

"Yeah, I remember."

JJ stood quiet for a minute, he wanted to make me remember everything that happened last night. From when I first started drinking to when I asked him to stay in bed, with me.