ten; cheat

song: 1 step forward, 3 steps back - Olivia Rodrigo

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *. ☽ .* :☆゚。・ ───

KEHLANI'S POV:

Sarah and I slowly started to make up, I have met up with her once since she showed up at my house a couple weeks ago. I had spoken more about how I was doing, and how Jordan was, even showing pictures of him and all of his friends. Sarah did the same, talking about the Pogues and about how much they missed me. She told me how JJ has been different since the boat. He was a lot quieter and a little calmer, it was getting harder and harder for him to want to go out, John B, Kiara, and Pope doing all they could to even get him to surf. JJ loves surfing.

He didn't even want to party anymore, he just wanted to stay in John B's bed all day and sleep all day. It was different from the JJ I once knew.

Sometime after the meetup Sarah had somehow convinced me to let Jordan meet her, 'baby steps' she said. This was mainly so Sarah could get his vibe and report back to the Pogues, but she didn't tell me that. She claimed it was because she wanted to warn him if he ever broke my heart.

Today was the day, Sarah had told me to meet up at The Wreck so all I had to do was get Jordan and meet her there. I had called and texted him with no response, something I'm getting used to lately because he keeps oversleeping. When he does, I have to go to his room and wake him up so I knew that's what I would have too most likely do today. I got ready and texted him that I was on the way just in case he woke up in the middle of my driving.

I pulled up to his house and walked in, already knowing the door was opened. I had walked up the stairs and knocked on his door, once, twice. No response. I twisted the knob to see if he had locked it or not, but it was unlocked.

I walked in saying, "Jordan, we're meant to be seeing Sarah today, can you wake-"

I stopped yourself, the sight in front of me makes me feel sick to my stomach. I feel humiliated, embarrassed, angry, and lied to.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I shout, Evelyn and Jordan jumping awake.

Both of their eyes widen, "Wait, wait, wait, wait. Baby--" Jordan began.

"Don't fucking 'baby' me, how dare you?" I ask him, feeling betrayed almost.

Evelyn pulled the covers over her body, "Kehlani, I'm -- I'm so sorry-"